⇢ ˗ˏˋ One ࿐ྂ

Ray's POV

As we all escape, I can't help but glance back at the wall where mother slowly walks away with the rope we cut off. I can't help but feel some bit of remorse as I turn back to face the horizon, that orphanage was our home after all, and we just burnt it to the ground. But there was no turning back now, we had to survive. We have to. We need to survive, I need to survive.

We continued walking through the large forest trying to navigate to where the coordinates are to William Minerva's base he prepared. I wish he made it at least the tiniest bit easier, then we would actually be able to make some progress. It was now dark as Emma and I led everyone with lanterns in hand before suddenly hearing a loud sound.

"What was that?" Gilda asks us.

"Turn off the lights!" I command as Emma and I snuff out the lanterns. Quietly, we observe our surroundings as best that we can, trying to see if the creature was past us, or after us. We get our answer pretty quick when we hear growling behind us. We all started to run away from the demon, making sure that no one was lagging behind.

"Emma, I'm going to distract that demon. You guys get out of here." I tell her as we stop behind a tree.

"But-"

"I've always been better than you at tag, haven't I?" A frown of concern covers her features as she nods hesitantly.

"Alright... just be safe." I nod and run off in front of it.

After what seems like forever of running away from the ugly monster, its head falls off. What the fuck... I think as I quickly duck behind a tree. Chancing a look from behind it, I see some demons. One with a clipboard and some demon-horse things. I see them talk to each other and I decide to interfere.

"Hey! Are you looking for me?" I shout as I come out from behind the tree.

"81194. Where are the other escapees?" One of the demons ask me in a gravely tone.

"They're all dead. I'm the only survivor." I smirk as I pull down my scarf, revealing my ID tattoo.

"Come here 81194." One of them commands.

"You'll have to catch me first." Sprinting off, I can feel my legs grow weak from all the running I had down earlier. My stamina is swiftly depleting as I continue to run and run.

I can't remember how long I've been running for. All I know is that I can't stop, no matter what.

"We've got you 81194." I skid to a stop as a demon appears in front of me. Going to turn around, my legs give out from underneath me. Are you shitting me right now? I groan as my body hits a root, trying to push myself back up. I can't let myself die, I won't die like this. A force pulls me up and drags me along. With my vision blurred, I can't tell who it is, but I don't care. I'm just thankful I'm not dead. They better be safe... is the last thing that crosses my mind before I pass out.

Y/n's POV

I stir the pot of soup around as chatter of little kids surround me. A young girl who's name I've learnt to be Yvette, leans against my side while Don and Gilda sit in front of me. They're explaining to me how they escaped their orphanage/farm they grew up in.

"That's very impressive. You guys must be very smart." I smile at them before pouring some soup in cups for the two of them.

"Ah thank you," Gilda blushes while looking down. "It wasn't exactly us who made the plan though."

"Yeah!" Don agrees enthusiastically. "We're not the ones who should be taking the credit." I hum in acknowledgement whilst handing them the soup.

"Then who came up with the plan?" This question makes them fall silent, making me realize that it was a sensitive subject. Opening my mouth to change the subject, I hear a pair of footsteps rapidly approaching towards the 'room'. I turn to see more kids my age and Sonju and Mujika following behind them.