⇢ ˗ˏˋ Ten ࿐ྂ

The person knocks on the door of the windmill.

"Adam it's me, open up." The door opens and we head inside. Behind the door is a large man with a symbol on his chest. I assume he's Adam. We continue walking, but I can't help but think about the mark on Adam's chest.

"I brought her." The person speaks, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look ahead of us to see people gathered around a table. I see a boy with white hair and a red streak standing with his hand against the table, looking at me with narrowed eyes. Holy shit he's hot. I look at the others and notice two familiar faces. Oh, they were the ones who were treating the injured.

"Hi." Was the only thing that left my mouth, causing the person to snicker.

"Allow me to introduce you to my friends." They say.

"On the right are Sandy and Zack. They're our medics." Sandy grins and waves at me, while Zack remains silent.

"Nigel, in charge of the gadgets." They point to a boy with a hat with broken goggles on it. He gives me a coy smile.

"Sonya is our sub-leader." A girl with pigtails and glasses gives me a warm smile, I suppose she is Sonya. She reminds me of Gilda.

"Pepe, Gillian, and Paula. They're in charge of our food." They point at the three of them. The blonde one, Gillian, beaming and waving enthusiastically at me.

"And me. My name is Violet."

"Vio- so you are a girl?!" I exclaim, turning to face her. Nigel chuckles at my shock while Violet nods.

"And this is Oliver," She says as the white haired boy walks over to us. "Our leader."

"Nice to meet you." He greets me while giving me a warm smile and shaking my hand. I have to crane my neck to look up at him and Violet watches on with an unamused expression.

"And I thought Ray was tall..." I mumble under my breath. I hear him chuckle as he lets go of my hand. Archons, even his chuckle is hot. I suddenly feel like a pyro slime has just attacked me in the middle of the desert.

"A total of nine of us know the truth, just like you," Violet says as she sits down. "And we've been caring for the humans here. We've survived this hunting ground for months... some of us years."

"What's your name? Where did you come from?" Gillian asks me excitedly, taking my hands in hers.

"I'm Y/n, from Gracefield. Uhm...number 98094?" That didn't sound confident, great job Y/n. At least my outfit hides my neck so they won't get suspicious.

"Are you guys all escapees too?" I ask them.

"No," Oliver answers. "We were all shipped here." He unbuttons the first few buttons of his shirt to show me his ID number. I DID NOT EXPECT HIM TO DO THAT. OH MY MORAX PLEASE FORGIVE ME. I scream in my head as I try not to blush, successfully doing so as I don't feel my face heat up. I read his ID number, AII 866-899. So their's has letters in it.

"Just like the other newcomers. We're all from Grand Valley, a farm that is a purveyor to Lord Bayon." He explains as the others show their IDs.

"The children who were thrown in here are almost all from Grand Valley. It seems that Lord Bayon only has connections with Grand Valley," Oliver says as he buttons his shirt back up. "Only three, including you, are from a different farm." I'm not really from a farm, I think while sweat dropping.

"You're the first one from Gracefield." Paula says.

"And an escapee too!" Gillian chimes in.

"Yeah..." I mutter, my thoughts drifting off to wonder how Emma, Ray and the hag are doing. Despite being annoyed by him, the hag is good company in a way. I'm never bored when I'm around him, I'm too busy restraining myself from slapping him silly.

"This place is exactly what you saw this morning. A garden for monsters to hunt humans," Oliver tells me. "Every few days they come on a whim to hunt us in the morning. Everything is for recreation. They hunt us gleefully. Replenish those they lose. And it keeps repeating." A loud thud resounds across the room as Nigel places a wooden crate down on the table.

"What's that?" I ask him.

"These are weapons. Supplied to us by the monsters," He replies. "They know we can't kill them. So they provide us with these."

"Many of our comrades have fought and died despite having these weapons," Oliver concedes. "On the other hand, there are those who can't accept that this is reality and die without a weapon in their hand. So many innocent children have been killed by them here. But still! We've endured it. Put up with it and survived. All so we can shut down this hunting ground. We're going to kill them all." Damn he looks hot while death glaring. Wait a minute, GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF Y/N, NOW IS NOT THE TIME TO CRUSH. WHO KNOWS WHAT CYNO WILL DO IF HE SOMEHOW FINDS OUT ABOUT THIS! Besides, Oliver is probably super old.

"Because it is a secret hunting ground, the enemies are limited." Zack explains.

"The monsters outside don't know about this place. And they can't know," Sonya insists. "So the poachers won't call for reinforcements. And even if others notice, we can buy time."

"We plan to kill the poachers and escape to a human community," Oliver clarifies. A human community? "I don't want any more sacrifices. And I'm sick of running! We're going to execute this plan soon!" He turns to me and holds out his hand.

"So we want you to help us. Especially because you know the truth and still stand up to them." I'm silent for a few seconds before nodding and taking his hand in mine.

"Ok. I want to close this hunting ground too," I smile at him. "But... can you explain something to me? Why do you all know so much?" They fall quiet so I take this opportunity to continue.

"About the farms, demons, and the outside world. You're not escapees or anything."

"We learnt from him." Oliver smirks.

"Him?"

"Yeah, we are merely his hands and legs." Zack confirms. He kinda looks like a yassified Don.

"The only adult here." Pepe says.

"He has to be kept a secret." Gillian chimes in.

"Because he doesn't exist anymore." Paula nods.

"Like I said," Violet turns to me. "There's someone I want you to meet."

"Nice to meet you. My name is Lucas." I stare at him, finding his name to have a sense of familiarity. His name was on the wall...

"You have a pen, right?" He asks me. "Let's talk... about William Minerva."