⇢ ˗ˏˋ Six ࿐ྂ

The next morning, I see them all gathered around Ray in the kitchen. In his hands is a book about the orphanages.

"You've come just in time Y/n!" Emma exclaims as she spots me. "We were just discussing our plans for today."

"Yeah! Tell Ray and Emma that they're crazy!" Don interjects.

"Wait what?" I question, grabbing a cup of tea.

"William Minerva left a note saying 'if we strive for more than a safe place, bring our pen and go to AO8-63," Gilda explains. "Emma and Ray said that we should stay here and take care of everyone because it's too dangerous for everyone. But it's dangerous for them too! Tell them that Y/n!" I stay silent as I process the information and sigh, agreeing with both sides.

"Although I agree that it is dangerous for everyone. But don't you remember? We have some help here. Isn't that right hag?" I glare at the man by the doorway, who is standing with a knife in his hand. "And besides, even if he wouldn't help, I still would. It's better to travel in fewer numbers. We also can't just stay here forever." Emma nods in agreement. The hag comes up to us and I turn to face him, Chris rushes behind me and clings onto the back of my clothes.

"Good morning hag, let me introduce myself. I'm Y/n L/n, and your name is?" I ask, holding my hand out for him to shake.

"Get out," He commands in a low tone, slapping my hand away. "I don't intend to tell you my name. There's no need for it." I narrow my eyes at him

"I won't ask again, what is your name?"

"I won't say it again, I don't intend to tell you." I click my tongue at his arrogance.

"Whatever, sit down," I pull a seat out for him and kick it to him. "We have to discuss something with you."

"What is it?"

"We'll secure our own food and use the least amount of electricity and water," Emma explains, sitting down at the table. "We'll continue to secure our food and use the least amount of rooms."

"'So let's share this shelter?' No freaking way. Get out." The hag interrupts.

"No isn't an answer I'm afraid," I smirk. "As this isn't a proposition. We know you aren't worried about limited supplies, so these are formalities before we make a deal."

"A deal?" He questions.

"I'll cut straight to the point. We're going to see Mr. Minerva. I want you to be our guide and bodyguard." I say.

"'We'? You're going with them?" Don asks. I nod in conformation.

"I'm not letting them die on my watch."

"Your guide and bodyguard?" The hag looks baffled by this, and I don't really blame him.

"I know you're strong," Emma states. "You survived thirteen years on your own. And you probably go outside a lot."

"Huh?! How do you know?!" Dominic yells.

"His shoes are worn out," Ray observes. "His stomach isn't flabby at all. In fact, he has abs. And there were nuts hanging in the pantry. They weren't available in the garden and they can't be grown. So he must've gone out to the forest or near the water to collect them." I hear Thoma and Lannion gasp as Ray mentions the water. Sonju had told the kids not to go to the water as there were dangerous things there.

"You're not a weakling," I tell him. "And you've had experience searching for Mr. Minerva."

"Does this look familiar? This letter?" Emma asks, showing him the envelope. "When we found it, it was already open. Your group also looked for him. Just as this letter instructed."