Chapter 4

(A/N: took me longer of a time to get outta my laziness).

After doing a little walk and looking around. I can assume this town is truly something that came out from a fantasy novel, the feeling is different from seeing them inside a screen and inside a panel of a manga or a book, I've truly reincarnated into a fantasy world.

I'm standing in front of the adventurer guild after Ard told me the directions and we bid farewells. He has business to attend in another town and I hope we'll see each other again, he's my first acquaintance in this second life after all.

*Nom* *Nom*

Buying these roasted meat were truly the right choice, I've eaten ten of it yet I still feel hungry and my stomach is still craving for more.

I used the bag of coins Ard passed to me, I bought some foods but now I'm running out of money. Also, I need to learn about the currency in this world. I swear that guy who sold these roasted meat did heightened the price.

I will also need to save up more money or I wouldn't be able to pay for a lodging.

*Nom *Nom* *Gulp*

I finished the last meat and yet I still feel hungry, my stomach is now a bottomless pit for foods... I cleaned my hands(gauntlets?) and enter the guild, I push the double swing doors that looks similar in western movies.

"....."

This place looks more like a bar, most of the people here are muscular men with drinks and they're looking at me right after I came in. I've gathered unnecessary attention, I need to get this done fast. I walk to the counter while trying to ignore the stares...

"Excuse me sir."

I said to the man standing behind the counter, he's a tall and muscular bald guy. He turns around after he gave a drink to another adventurer.

"Hm? What do you want?" He replied while lifting his left eyebrow and narrowed the right one.

(A/N: definitely not the rock 🤨 reference).

"I would like to register as an adventurer"

He takes out a paper and put it on the counter.

"Write your name and informations on this paper."

It's that easy? Very well, then I shall just-
...Of course, how can I forgot...

I can't read or write these alphabets!

"...I can't read and write..." This is truly shameful..! And why does my thoughts sounds formal!? I quickly pulled out from my thoughts as he responds.

"Seriously? Then say it instead. I'll transcribe it for you."

"Thank you, mister."

He took out a pen and asks.

"Name?"

"Artoria Pendragon."

"Location?"

"Is it the location of my birthplace?"

"Yes" he answered while staring at the application sheet.

"Japan." I believe an honest answer wouldn't hurt, he looks at me with the same expression as before, he quickly focused on the paper back nonetheless.

"Age?"

I look like a fifteen years old... I'll go with that. maybe a fifteen years old is considered an adult in this world.

"15"

"Class?"

"Saber."

"Huh? I've never heard of that class."

"...I use a sword in battle."

"Alright then, do you have any special skills?"

"Mana Burst." 

"Mana Burst? Oh, whatever Mana Burst it is."

With the application sheet done. He handed me a metal plate card. 

"Here's your guild badge, don't lose it."

"Thank you."

"Don't mind it. Go hunt some goblins or collect medicinal herbs. The Guild will pay for those two items, you're rank F and that's the work you can do."

"I see.. then I shall head out, thank you again sir."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Oh, but may I know how the medicinal herbs look like?"

He sighed but tells me the characteristics of the plants.

"The Makon grass is the rare one, you'll get extra pay if you got your hands on those."

With that, I head out of the town. 
_________________________________________

I left the town with no problems. Apparently, I just have to show my Guild badge whenever I left and return.

I saw a thicket trees of a forest in the distance and head there. I arrived not long after.

After an hour of searching, I finally found the plant. He said that the plant has 8 leaf, after I saw it myself it looks like 4-leaf clover, just that it has 8 leaf instead. And I must say I'm quite lucky to found the Makon grass.

I opened the leather bag I received from Ard (A/N: that was stored with coins) and store the plants inside, now I just have to make sure it wouldn't fall.

I head out from the forest and return to the guild, unfortunately I didn't encounter a single goblin.

I open the leather bag and all the medicinal herbs falls out on the counter.

"Hoh, you really got the Makon grass."

"Yes, although it took me quite long to find them.."

He took a few coins below the counter.

"For that amount of Makon grass, the payment is 1 silver coin and 5 copper coins."

He handed the coins to me and I put them in the small leather bag.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, and with that the quest is done."

I turned around to left the guild, now I just need to find an inn and rest there, maybe I should also try to look for a party so I can experience more fun adventure and also to find a cure for the curse.

(Well, that's it for the 4th chapter. See you next year or maybe weeks or months or tomorrow? Idk but see ya later readers!)