Chapter 5

A nice merchant gave me an explanation about the currency yesterday.

1 silver coin is worth 100 copper coins. And a night at an inn cost 13 copper.

I have 1 silver coin and 5 copper coins, which I used 5 for a meal at a tavern yesterday. I used 1 silver coin to pay for the lodging and I have 87 copper at the moment.

I head to the Guild to do the goblin hunting quest, I need to increase my rank first if I want to get recruited to a party, gathering medicinal herbs should also suffice as a bonus. Perhaps I can try to ask him(A/N:The bald dude behind the counter) about it, there's a chance he knows a party of low-ranked adventurers that are looking for another member.

I've also started to get accustomed to this body, last night I dematerialize my armor and dress to wash and surprisingly I don't feel any reaction to seeing a woman's naked body... It's as if I am indeed Artoria herself-

*Clunk* *Clunk* *Clunk*

My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a carriage pulled by a horse-like creature.

That was a scary thought.

I quickly went back to my objective: to go to the adventurers guild-

*Sniff* *Sniff*

But before that I smell roasted meat, I should buy them for breakfast, the adventurer guild won't be going anywhere.
_________________________________________

After I'd done breakfast, I went to the adventurer guild. I arrived at the guild and enter in, greeted again with stares from the adventurers...

I walk to the counter and greet the man.

"Hello, again sir."

"Hm? Oh, it's you, what do you want?"

"I would like to know if there is a way a beginner adventurer like me to get recruited to a party?"

"Hoh, that's smart. Though it'll be hard for a lone F rank to find a party since they're usually formed by groups of friends." He put his hand on his chin, thinking.

He somehow reminds me of a certain Hollywood actor.

"Oh, why don't you try to team up with this Tanaka fellow, he's also a beginner like you. He put a paper on that noticeboard looking for a party. Why don't you try to take a look?" He points towards a board with papers hanging on it.

"I apologize, but I believe I have told you yesterday that I cannot read.." It's still quite embarrassing when I say it...

He sighed then continues, "then why don't you try to wait for him? He went out of town to gather some herbs, I'm sure it wouldn't take long."

Tanaka... That name sounds Japanese. I should try asking what he looks like.

"May I know what he looks like?" There's a chance he's maybe a reincarnator or maybe there's a nation that's similar to Japan. Like in most light novels, though I doubt that.

"I've never seen someone like him before, he's middle-aged, with yellow skin, black hair, quite slint eyes, and the most part I can remember from him is his smell when he registered yesterday."

"I see, then I shall wait for him, thank you for your time." I walk away from the counter and sat in one of the chairs the guild provided.

If he's a reincarnator, then I will need to form a friendship with him. If he isn't, forming a party with an adventurer of the same beginner rank might be fun to do, I will still need to form a friendship too.
_________________________________________