ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ɴᴇᴡ sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʙᴏᴅʏ ᴘᴛ.2

ᴘʟᴀʏ ===> ᴛʜɪǫᴜᴇ ===> ʙᴇʏᴏɴᴄᴇ

I was walking down the sidewalk feeling good about myself. Even though Summer was longer than I wanted it to be, and I'd never admit it out loud, but all that jumping around all Summer payed off. I'd left weighing in at 149 to 152, coming back I could now slip into my mother's old beauty pageant dresses if I so desired. I stopped walking as I saw Jamal and Ruby walking down the sidewalk across from me, but someone was missing: Cesar.

"Aye! Where's Salad?" I shouted to the duo, they both looked up at the sound of my voice, looking over to my side of the road. With wide happy smiles they look both ways before crossing  immediately stopping to stare, "Fuck." They both said in unison, "What? Is there something on my top? Is there a hole? I don't-," It then hit me. I knew what they were gawking at. I flicked both boys between the eyes, "Ow!" The boys both groaned rubbing the area as I scolded them, "That's not cool man. You've both seen a body before no need to get all blood rushed and excited. Now, where's Cesar?" The both of them sighed as I waited for an answer, "He's not cool, Cereza. Cesar ain't shit." Ruby said as he started walking to his house, Jamal followed suit turning, walking backwards for a moment looking me in my eyes as he shrugged giving a small awkward smile and turning around once more.

I ran to catch up with the both of them, "Okay? Are you guys beefing right now, or...?" Jamal and Ruby gave each other a look before turning around in a halt, as I slightly bumped into them Jamal grabbed my shoulders holding me in place and before too long letting go. Ruby looked me in my eyes, "Do you promise not to tell Monse what we're about to tell you?" I blinked a few times, "Why can't we tell her? She's been our friend for years, yours longer than mine." Jamal gripped me by my shoulders, "Do you want to know or not woman?!" He said between gritted teeth, I sighed, "I hate the fact we aren't telling her when she gets back, but fine, what is it?" Jamal and Ruby huddled closely towards me, almost as if the secret they were going to tell me was a life or death type secret.

That's when they told me, "Cesar said he smashed Monse hard before she left for camp and we tried to get him to take it back, but he wouldn't, so now Cesar ain't shit and we're gonna have to stick it out without him." Ruby explained quickly, looking around as he did so, just to be sure no one heard. I blinked, jaw slack with absolute shock. "HE SAID WHAT?!" Jamal rushed to cover my mouth, "Way to tell the whole damn neighborhood, Cherry!" Jamal whisper yelled to me as I pushed him back lightly. I stood there shocked still, I didn't know how to act.

I shook my head, "Wow, welp...She's gonna be soooo pissed when she finds out. She's gonna kick his ass!" I laughed a little in disbelief, walking ahead to Ruby's without them as they jogged to catch up, "Woah, woah, woah! What do you mean, 'when she finds out'? She's not finding out because you promised you wouldn't tell her,
¡Cereza!" Ruby went around me then stopped in front of me, brows furrowed in confrontation, "Listen, Rubes, sugar, it's Monse, She's BOUND to find out! Looky here, Jamal can't keep a secret to save his own life, I have fierce loyalty issues, I can't be loyal to one of you alone without feeling like I'm betraying the whole group, and Monse's not gonna stop digging 'til she gets to the bottom of the problem! I love her, really, I do, but she's a damn honey badger! She's not gonna stop until she finds out." Jamal nodded in agreement. "She makes a valid point, Ruby." Ruby looked between the both of us, now conflicted.

"So what the hell do we do?!" Ruby flopped down on the couch in his home's living room, Jamal flopped down beside him, "Hell if I know, but I suggest that we just let this play out. When she finds out, yeah, she'll be pissed, but she'll get over it and life will go on. The four of you grew up together, and when I came along you guys made me belong. We're gonna work this out, like we always have." Both boys looked skeptical of my sentiment, Ruby turning his head to the left, a hand on his chin in thought. Jamal tilted his head back staring at the ceiling as I stood there, arms crossed.

I sat down on a near by love seat, sighing. Mario then walked out of his and Ruby's once shared bedroom. "Hey, Mario, what ya doin'?" I asked, as he was moving a box to the front door, "Huh? Oh! Sherri! When did you get back?" He questioned, setting the box down and walking over to sit next to me, "I got back today, actually. It's great to see you again, man." We did our handshake. Contrary to popular belief I was pretty good friends with Mario, ever since I first moved here. Mario was really cool to me, "How was cheer camp? Did you have fun? Ya' know, twisting batons, making human pyramids?" He joked, we both laughed at this, in the corner of my eye I saw Jamal roll his eyes sinking into the couch. "It was shitty. But, according to my counselor at camp, I have 'the most talent out of anybody in the entire camp who's my age.' She also said I could be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader. But I have bigger dreams." He nodded, "Have you considered joining the cheer squad when school starts up?" He made me think when he asked me this. No, I had no real intention of doing so. I never did. But, "What other choice do I have? My mom always tries to make me feel bad about not being a primadonna like she was when she was my age. I just can't seem to stand up to her." I shrugged.

"That's off topic, what are you doing?" Mario sighed and got up, "I'm moving out, Cereza. I'm going to college after all. I still have to take my stuff to my dorm over Summer. So by the time Summer's over..," I finished his sentence, "You'll be leaving." He nodded, I got up and gave him a hug, "I'm gonna miss you, Mario. Even if you are weird as fuck sometimes." He chuckled, "I'll miss you too." We then let go, doing our handshake one more time before walking to where he left his box, picking it up, and carrying it to his car.

A few weeks passed by and Monse was back in town. It felt like she'd been gone for years, I couldn't wait to see her again. And finally, she'd come back. "HAHA! CHECK ME OUT BITCHES! I GOT MY OWN ROOM! MY. OWN. ROOM," Ruby shouted while jumping on an empty mattress alongside Jamal, as I sat on the other side of the room, reading 'The Great Gatsby', "So let's not trash it," he said jumping off of the bed with Jamal beside him, "I don't wanna break my pimp couch before it gets any play." I snorted, "Pimp couch, funny." I mocked, not lifting my head from the book, "Don't hate." Ruby said with a sassy tone as I scoffed closing my book, "Not much to hate on, short stack." He rolled his eyes at my comment, "Highschool is an op for reinvention, so if I wanna live a new life, I gotta be a new man. It all starts with my kingdom." Ruby stated confidently as I stood up, setting the book down on the nearby desk, "Royal reading?" Jamal inquired about the obvious romance novel on the side table near the bedroom door, "Ha. No, conversation piece," Ruby corrected him, the both of us looked at him weird, not getting why the conversation piece would be some cheesy, fantasy romance novel, "And 2.99 at Ross! Enough chit-chat, let's feng shui." I scoffed at that statement, "As if that makes it any better. It's still a corny ass, 2015, fantasy romance." I said as Monse walked into the door, clearing her throat, " I'm back!" Monse said, "Hey Mons'." I greeted, a smile on my face before looking to the boys, "Can you move that side table?" Ruby asked her, she frowned at this, "No, seriously don't make such a fuss. I've only been gone all Summer but really, it's no big deal." She stated sarcastically leading Ruby to ask, "How was camp?" She smiled, "Camp was fine, notice anything new?" we all looked down, "You got boobs." We said in unison, "You can wait for Cesar to help." I groaned and Jamal sighed, "Then we'll be waiting a really long time." Jamal said, sitting on a chair next to Ruby's bed.

"Why? Where's Cesar?" Monse inquired, leading Rubes and I to quickly respond; we weren't talking to him. "Why?" She questioned, arms crossed across her chest, "You guys in a fight?" I looked at her as Jamal spoke, "Well I wouldn't necessarily call it a 'fight' more so a-," I walked over to Jamal, slapping his shoulder and giving him a stern look as Ruby hushed him, "We're not in a fight Mons' Cesar's just not cool anymore." I stated, walking back over to my spot and once again opening 'The Great Gatsby'. "Trust us, Cesar's not cool." Ruby states simply.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for this one not being as long, but not to worry! The next one shall be longer!