ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀ: ɪ'ʟʟ sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ

Pʟᴀʏ===> Dᴇᴠɪʟ's Aᴅᴠᴏᴄᴀᴛᴇ ===> Tʜᴇ Nᴇɪɢʜʙᴏᴜʀʜᴏᴏᴅ

"ARE YOU HIGH?! I'm not gonna hash shit out! To what end? DEATH? Cesar might have joined the gang!" Jamal stated, anxiety audible in his tone, "The both of you do know he's right across the street and the both of y'all are being loud as all get out, right?" I asked the both of them with my eyes exactly on Cesar, "Yes! We know!" Both answered my question in unison, "Just as long as y'all know."
They both continued to talk without my presence in the convo.

"He's not stupid. He's affiliated, yes, because of his brother, but-,"

"And his cousins, his uncles, his dad, his grandpa. Even the gay one."

"I know! I know!"

I turned my head at this as Jamal and I spoke in unison, "Wait, you knew about the gay one?" Jamal turned to me, "I mean he goes by the name 'Bananas' it's not that subtle-," I nodded in agreement, "Not too clever either."
"No, I know that Cesar's family has been in that life forever, but he'd never join a gang. He's an outlier; so whatever's going on it's not that." I rolled my eyes taking my glasses off to clean them as I listened to them talk.

"He's not the same, he dumped us."

"But I wasn't here, so it's not official!"

"If someone breaks up with you over text is it official?"

"Yes."

"Then consider us the text."

At that moment after putting my glasses back on, I followed Jamal's movements, tapping the air as though a phone held it's place between my fingers, as we clicked our tongues in unison leading to a high pitched, "Ding! You've been dumped," Jamal exclaimed as Monse rolled her eyes, walking in the direction of Cesar before being pulled back, "Wait, please don't go." I admired Jamal's sense of care and protection for his friends, and though he wasn't the most bold in some cases he still fought for his beliefs. That's what I grew to love about him.

I stared for a while before his words snapped me out of my trance, "Okay! Don't worry girl! I got your back! From right here."
I turned to look at what was unfolding in front of me, Monse, the badger of our dear friend group, putting herself into a situation we warned her she'd hate. "She never listens to us. Everytime we tell her something she goes against it! It's so annoying." I groaned out in irritation. Jamal then crossed his arms, agreeing with my statement, "I just wish she could see we only care about her best interests." We then stayed silent as we heard bits and parts of smug laughter, and embarrassed huffing. She furiously walked off as we followed her.

Soon we heard the tune of tender questioning, become female rage,"CESAR IS DEAD TO ME." I sighed as we strolled down the way, I listened rather than spoke this time around, "Told ya!" Jamal said, jumping, skipping, hopping, and literally rolling around in the grass, "He doesn't get to break up with us, we're breaking up with him! 'SIT ON MY FACE'!? WHO SAYS THAT?"
I glance in Jamal's supposed direction only to notice he wasn't there, "Chairs who can talk-, and buttholes!" I then look behind me, to see him once again, rolling along the grass, I held back a laugh as I watched, " I wouldn't put dumb crap like that past Oscar, but Cesar? What happened to him? Cesar's gotta be hittin' the pipe! Right? Right." I shrugged and giggled as I watched Jamal jump around, "Could be!" He grunts from his fall as she spoke, "That was totally out of character." She stops as we both watch him crawl across the grass, "What are you doing?" She asks, "Yeah, you look kinda weird." He then lifts himself from the ground jumping up to spray himself with water, "Getting into character," he then calls out to his father, he looks back with a smile, "You two say nothing and go with my flow."

I sat through the whole talk staring off into space for a while, until I heard Monse speak, "Did you quit the team and not tell your Dad?" I looked at him waiting for his response, often times when I was with just the two of them their conversations and bickering made for great entertainment. They both whispered so only the three of us could hear.