Chapter Four "Surprise! It's A Girl! You're An Uncle."

It had been a few hours and Maddie had helped Emily put her stuff in the guest bedroom, which would now be her room. "It looks beautiful, baby. Just like you." Maddie told her daughter as she kissed her forehead before leaving the newly decorated room. It took Emily a few moments to truly take in her room and her new life, she wanted it, she wanted to feel safe and to get to know her mother, and her family, just like how Maddie wanted to know her daughter.

Emily's Bed.

Emily's Vanity

Emily's Vanity.

Emily's Desk.

Emily's Wallpaper

Emily's Wallpaper.

Emily dived onto her bed and looked at her picture wall next to her bed, some of the ones of sunsets she had taken on her camera and printed off

Emily dived onto her bed and looked at her picture wall next to her bed, some of the ones of sunsets she had taken on her camera and printed off. She hoped she would have memories to add to her wall, friends, family, a boyfriend or girlfriend, memories, and her new life.

Soon after sitting there for a while, the fear crept in of what she had really done. She'd flown all the way from Austin Texas to LA by herself. Emily knew that it wouldn't last forever and that somebody would soon realise she was missing and start a search. She'd ran away before but never out of the state.

Her hands shook as she held a pillow to her face and screamed quietly, her tears streaming down her face as she laid on her back and let her eyes droop. Nothing interrupted her sleep, for once she was sleeping peacefully. 

Four hours later and a knock sounded at the door, Emily was still sleeping and had wrapped herself in a blanket, her arm hanging off the bed, scars on show. "Em? I've messaged your uncle to come and meet you." Maddie sat besides her daughter and shook her arm gently.

A soft groan left the blonde's lips as Maddie smiled, ruffling her hair. "He'll be here in half an hour." She told her daughter, leaving the room and shutting the door behind her.

Emily pulled on a pair of jean shorts, a pink tank top and a black cropped zipped hoodie, then rolling fluffy socks up her feet. All of her scars were hidden barring three on her calves but it was too hot to have long legs on.

After twenty minutes she left her room, and sat on the recliner chair, a blanket pulled up to her chest. Maddie passed her a bottle of water and a plate of buttery toast, smiling as she opened the door and hugged who Emily assumed was her uncle. "Who's she?" He asked, as he pulled away from the hug, she had a similar birthmark to Buck but on the opposite side of her face and under her eye. 

"Surprise! It's a girl, you're an uncle." Maddie smiled slightly as Buck looked confused. He stared from Maddie to Emily and back again. "I know it's a huge shock, but when I was in Boston with him, we had a baby but I had to protect her so I left her at the hospital and told him she had died, I never mentioned her again until she turned up at my work the other day." Buck scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Maddie stared at him and sighed. "So you're telling me, you have a secret daughter that you didn't tell your family about!?" He exclaimed, resting his forehead in his hands.

"H-hi, I'm E-emily." The blonde smiled slightly, waving but avoiding eye contact. Buck nodded and smiled slightly, returning the favour.

For thirty minutes they sat in quiet, Buck and Maddie discussing silently and Emily dosing on and off from exhaustion. "Have you told Chimney?" He asked his sister, whose eyes were watching her daughter.

"Not yet, I don't want to overwhelm her, she's been through so much." A tear slipped down her cheek as Buck wrapped his arms around her.