Chapter 1.

DEKU WATCHES AS THE kids ask why Mirabel didn't get a gift and sighed. He needed to stop watching like a creep. He looked around, seeing if he could find somewhere to stay and realised, probably not. The way he was dressed did not fit their criteria, in fact, he didn't think it fit any sort of criteria.

Deku sits in the tree, staring at the sky before looking around and jumping onto the roof of Casita, tapping a greeting to Casita before a small tornado appears, ruffling his hair as Pepa mutters, clearly distressed. "Did someone say, flowers?" Isabela asked, sitting on a vine swing and producing flowers everywhere. Mirabel had such a deadpan look it made Deku cover his mouth to hide his snort.

Isabela hit Mirabel in the face with her hair, and Mirabel gets a face full of flowers too. She grunts. "A little sisterly advice. If you weren't always trying too hard, you wouldn't be in the way." Isabela said and Deku glared at his hand. Discrimination against the people with no powers. He and Mirabel aren't so different.

He watches as Mirabel places candles in front of the family room doors, getting startled by Abuela's shout of 1 hour. "Maybe you should leave the decorations to someone else?" Abuela asked Mirabel, seeing Mirabel set one of the decorations she made on fire. "No, I actually made these as a surprise for you— Oh!" Mirabel said, before hiding the decoration behind her back.

"Mirabel, I know you want to help. But tonight must go perfectly. The whole town relies on our family, on our gifts. So the best way for some of us to help, is to step aside. Let the rest of the family do what they do best. Okay?" Abuela said as Mirabel was obviously disheartened but covered it up with a smile, nodding.

Pepa stormed through the house, a cloud over her head which Abuela scolded her for. Deku sighed and ducked behind the roof, not wanting to be caught by Mirabel and Abuela. Suddenly, a vine wrapped around his leg making him jolt. He was dragged down onto the grass, next to Casita. He rubbed his head as he fell on his ass, he looked up into the eyes of Isabela Madrigal and Dolores Madrigal. "Uh, hi." He said, sheepishly.

"Why are you following Mirabel around..?" Dolores asked and Deku looked at her. "You're Dolores.. right? You can hear anything?" Deku asked as Isabela had a vine with roses on it, filled with very sharp thorns, to his throat. "Yes." Dolores confirmed and he sighed. "Did you hear something abnormal this morning? Like a crash.?" Deku asked and Dolores raised an eyebrow, hesitantly nodding.

"I-I can't really explain what happened without seeming crazy." Deku stammered, tilting his head back as the vine for closer to his throat, Isabela glaring at him. "Explain." Isabela demanded as Deku gulped. He didn't want to hurt these people, but he didn't want to explain or he would seem crazy. But he had to..

When Isabela looked ready to kill him on the spot, Deku decided to explain. The girls looked more and more confused as he went on. "Great story, now tell us the truth." Isabela demanded, annoyed as Dolores stopped her. "Wait." Dolores said, as Isabela raised an eyebrow. "Please don't tell me you believe his bullshit." Isabela cursed.

Dolores nodded as Isabela let out a small groan, facepalming. "I heard some sort of swirling energy this morning, then a loud crash. Not long after that I heard him talking to Casita about everything we just heard." Dolores said as Isabela sighed. "That didn't give him an excuse to follow around Mirabel." Isabela said and Dolores nodded in agreement.

They both turn to Deku who gulped. "A-Ah! Wait! I just needed information on what this place was. Casita couldn't explain very well— Sorry Casita, and Mirabel was awake and in the biggest house in town, which I figured to be where the leader lived. I don't mean any other intentions I promise." Deku said as Isabela slowly retreated the vine and sighed.

"Fine." Isabela said before turning to Dolores. "What do we do?" She asked and Dolores bit her lip. "Should we tell Abuela.?" She asked and Deku immediately shook his head. "Please, don't." Deku said and Dolores hesitated before nodding. Isabela groaned. "This is too much this morning." She said as Deku snorted. "Tell me about it.." he muttered.