Chapter 2

DEKU DECIDED IF HE was going to stay in Encanto for a while, he might as well help around. But he needed to sort out this hero costume, or he will get weird looks. 'Wait I have some spare clothes in my bag..!' Deku thought, sitting up from the hammock.

He grabs his yellow backpack and searches through it, finding 1 pair of tracksuit pants and a green shirt and his red shoes. He walked to the closest lake and washed himself up before getting changed into his clothes one dry. He places his hero costume into his backpack and hid it in the tree.

He walked through the streets of Encanto, he winces as someone looks at the scars on his arm. He forgot about those. He helped some people through Encanto that morning, like building and painting fences, finding lost pets and helping deliver food etc.

Midoriya ruffled his slightly damp bushy hair as sighed, picking up a basket of food and smiling at the old lady he was helping. "Can you bring it over here?" She asked, pointing to another stall and he nodded, carrying it and placing it down. He smiles, clapping his hands. "Is that all?" He asked and the old lady smiled. "Yes, thank you." She replied and he waved as he walked off.

He bumps onto someone and instinctively catches them by the waist and hand. He looks down and sees Mirabel. He smiles as she widens her eyes. "Deku?" She asked. He smiled. "Call me Midoriya out of costume." He said and it seems Mirabel only just noticed that.

"Oh, right. Uhm." She said and Midoriya helps her stand up properly. "What's with the rush?" Midoriya asked, tilting his head. "Ah, I need to go to Bruno's tower and find his vision. It could save the miracle." She informed him and Midoriya nodded.

"And you're coming with me!" Mirabel declared, grabbing his hand and dragging him. "W-what?!" He stuttered, confused. "You have the weird rope thing, which caught the tile." Mirabel said, mimicking the hand pose he did. Midoriya coughed and blushed. "Uh, okay fine." Midoriya gave in and Mirabel cheered.

They snuck into Casita, and they managed to make it to Bruno's door. Midoriya decided to open it, it was a bit heavier than a normal door, due to its rusty hinges. They both walk in slightly as they see a sand waterfall in-front of them. Mirabel brings her hand out and catches some of the sand. "Casita, can you turn off the sand?" Mirabel asked. The floor tiles rumble behind the, and they look at the doorway.

It seemed Casita couldn't help in here. "I'll be fine. I've got Midoriya with me!" Mirabel grinned at Casita's concern, ruffling Midoriya's hair as he blushed, looking away. "I need to do this, for you, for Abuela.. maybe a little for me." She said, murmuring the last part. Mirabel exhales and talks to herself. "Find the vision and save the Mir-ack!" Mirabel said, starting to walk forward but fell down the sand waterfall, letting out a scream.

Midoriya sweatdropped and floated down through the sand. Mirabel groaned as she laid in the sand. "Are you okay Mirabel?" Midoriya  asked, landing down beside her as she got up, getting the sand out of her glasses. She looks up, ignoring his question and looking at the multiple stairs in Bruno's room.

"I can float us up there if you want-" Midoriya asked but Mirabel shook her head. "No! Let's do it without gifts!" Mirabel declared and Midoriya sweatdropped. "Uh, sure.." He said, a bit confused at Mirabel's determination but went along with it. A bird appeared on a rock. "Oh hello." Mirabel said to the bird. "Lotta stairs, but at least I have two friends.." Mirabel said but the bird flew away. "Nope, he flew away immediately." She deadpanned as Midoriya snorted.

"Alright!" She said, before marching up the stairs, singing the family madrigal song as she skipped up the stairs. Midoriya following. "There's so many stairs in the Casa Madrigal.." Mirabel breathed out when they got a bit higher. Midoriya wasn't really out of breath but when they got higher, Mirabel was hunched over, out of breath, but still singing.