The pink on your cheeks

"I thought I told you to not drink too much."

Your eyes fluttered open to see your girlfriend with her arms crossed, brows slightly knitted with annoyance. Your face lit up at the sight of her, reaching your hands out to her, craving for her touch. The girl only glared at your figure before giving in— stepping into your embrace. You hummed into her waist, cheeks flushing from all the alcohol you've consumed tonight.

"I got carried away." You laughed sheepishly. "You know how I get."

The girl just sighed, before scanning her eyes over you, making you shift uncomfortably in the chair.

Okay, you might have ignored your girlfriend's warnings and drank a little too much. But that was fine, you had a great time— just needed your beauty sleep for a bit.

"Can you walk?" She asked, inspecting your strained attempts as you tried to get up from the chair you sat on. "I'm guessing you can't."

You giggled drowsily. Waves of headache hit you like a truck, making you wince from the pain.

"Carry me to our dorm?" You pleaded, looking up to her from your sitting position, your hand reaching out to her hand, intertwining the fingertips.

Your lover rolled her eyes before complying. She scooped you up with her hands holding up your back and legs, your arm draped around her shoulder. You buried your head on her neck, grinning like a fool as she carried you down the hall.

She kicked open her dorm door while making her way to the bed, not even bothering to light up the room. Moonlight being the only source of light, your eyes quickly got used to the dark. She dropped you onto the fluffy mattress, making you whine— already missing your lover's touch.

A second later, she came back with a glass of water and your pajamas in her arms, before shoving the glass onto your face.

"Drink." She muttered, half- forcing the water down your throat as you tried to hold the glass yourself, only for your hands to be shoved away.

"Don't drink more than you can take. Clearly, you lack self control." She growled, wiping your lips with her thumb once you had finished the cup. "Have you ever thought about what would have happened if I didn't come find you?"

"But you did come find me." You smiled lazily, "You always do."

"You can't rely on me forever." She scolded, helping you out of your dress. You blushed while averting your eyes.

"What?" Your girlfriend questioned, puzzled by the increasing amount of red painting your already flushed cheeks.

"Nothing, just that I'm like- half naked in front of you." You answered, quickly taking your top from the girl's hands, before slipping it on in one fluid motion.

"Nothing I haven't seen." Wednesday replied as she went to grab her pajamas too, making you choke—sending you into a coughing fit; your ears red with embarrassment.

Your lover side-eyed your reaction before changing into her pajamas, watching in amusement as you buried your face into the blanket. Once she had finished, she climbed onto her bed too, tilting the mattress with her weight.

You slowly lifted your head up to the surface so that only your eyes were visible to the girl— hiding your red cheeks.

With her body slightly touching yours, your heart fluttered from the feeling of her beside you. The excitement was nearly overwhelming. By the time your lover turned to face you, the embarrassment from the earlier event was almost forgotten.

You extended your arm towards her beneath the blanket, linking your hand with hers. Her breath hitched at your touch as you smiled reassuringly at her, drawing the hair out of her face with your free hand. You could've sworn you saw a faint color of pink flash over her cheeks for a second there as she avoided your eyes— "did you just blush?"

You then realized that you should've kept that to yourself when she shot you the most sharpest, deadliest look you've ever seen your whole life. You sucked in your breath and chuckled awkwardly. "Good night Wednesday Addams!"

You quickly turned away before mentally smacking yourself across your cheek. Of course, you just had to ruin the moment with your stupid mouth again.

A moment of tight silence passed before your lover's voice sliced through the thick tension. "You're not going to parties without me now."

You responded with a laugh that sounded almost too scripted.

"Yup, I love you good night!"

Her intense stare on your back softened slightly before replying to you.

"Sleep well."

-