In the moment

The mellow sounds of the soft raindrops drumming against the umbrella tickled your ears, engulfing you into a trance-like state.

Crystalline beads of the droplets teased at your hair, sliding down until there were nothing left to linger on.

You let your eyes trace the raven haired girl's features. Just a step away was the girl, who held onto the black umbrella in between the gap of the pair's shoulders— which sometimes brushed against— sending electricity under your skin.

Her pigtails, too, had water drops that were yet to fall— and it shined like crystals under the moonlight.

The beams of silvery spotlight kissed her stardust-shrouded cheeks. Your lips parted from such splendor.

Her long eyelashes batted down, before fluttering open again. Only this time, the deep, dark pupil found yours. You breathed in the humid air, thrown into a spiral by her delicate stare.

The lock of your gaze onto hers only left a luscious taste on your tongue— making you lick your lips forlornly, eager for more.

Your eyes trailed down to her plush lips. Slowly and steadily, the sounds of the raindrops contrasting against the ground deafened at your ears.

The plum hue of her lips lured you into your racing thoughts once again— making you wonder, just how easy it was to lean in and claim her lips yours.

You could see the way her slender fingers gripped her umbrella. You felt the tip of your shoulders grow damp from it being an inch over the borderline of the shield that protected you both from the rain, but never dared to step farther in. It would result in Wednesday having to step out for you, dampening her shoulders.

So as the wet cloth clung onto your skin, you turned your head towards her, stealing a glance of her once again.

You halted when you realized that she had been watching you, too. With the whip of your head, her eyes met yours.

It left you breathless— let it be the scenery, or the way her gaze fell tender on yours.

But it was beautiful, that moment. It only lasted a millisecond, but lingered on your mind for much longer— like a polaroid that was taken at just the right timing.

"Can I kiss you?" You whispered. It was barely audible, and was a marvel how she managed to catch that with the raindrops showering around you.

She didn't say anything back, as her lips stayed shut. But you knew better than throwing yourself in a pit of despair.

Because you saw how her gaze turned impossibly soft by your words. How her body angled to you— welcoming you into her shy embrace. Tilting her umbrella back, she led you towards her, signaling you to continue.

So without a doubt, you chased after the shelter, pressing up against her, catching her lips in yours. Her lips were sweet on yours, sweeter than you've ever imagined.

Addicting. The taste of her lips was so addicting.

You felt a sudden drop of rain on your cheeks. Then another, then another. You didn't have to look to acknowledge what had happened.

Wednesday's hands reaching for your waist, she let the umbrella fall back, not caring about the way the rain fell on you both. It didn't matter. Not when her lips were on yours.

You didn't break away until you were gasping for air. Then you kissed her again, again and again.

Until the rain had enveloped you, swallowing you up in that moment.

-

I love rain and I love Wednesday. Perfect combo.

This is not proofread bc of my stupid headache :) I need some sleep.