Pretty

"Hey, you." You smiled wearily, making your way towards the raven haired girl who was seated on the ground, her head against a tree. The police had come a few minutes after the incident, and now everything in the campus is being checked for safety reasons, leaving the students of nevermore with no dorms to rest in for the next few hours.

"Hi." She replied, giving you a glance as you sat down next to her. You played with the edge of your sleeves— something that you did when you were anxious, Wednesday knew.

"Crackstone is gone." She said firmly. "There's no need to be scared now."

You let out a tired laugh, shaking your head as you did so. "I know." You said, "It's just— everything is so crazy, you know?"

The girl hummed in reply. You sighed, leaning your head onto her shoulder. Her back straightened up, yet she didn't pull away.

"Still can't believe Miss Thornhill turned on us like that, though. I really liked her." You frowned, bringing your legs to your chest as you wrapped your arms around it. You felt her gaze onto you, which made you lift your head from her shoulders to meet her eyes.

"Never trust anyone." The girl stated, "It's the number one rule in all the murder mystery novels."

"You didn't trust anyone while investigating? Even me?" You grinned teasingly, "I'm hurt, Wednesday Addams." You clutched your chest dramatically, letting out a giggle as she rolled her eyes at your childish act.

"Don't be foolish." She said, "there were no reasons to believe that you were the one behind all of this. You're too soft, naive-"

"Hey!" You defended, pouting. "I could kill someone if I wanted to!"

"I doubt it." She said, making you roll your eyes playfully.

And without a thought, your eyes scanned over her face— which was covered in dirt and is clearly needing some washes—

"I love you." Came your response, surprising both of you. It wasn't the first time you said those words— but the comment was something that slipped from your mouth without thinking, which was unexpected from the both sides.

But it wasn't like it wasn't true— so you decided to go with it.

"You're so pretty."

She looked away. You brought your hand on her cheeks, leading her gaze back to you.

"I am a mess." She said, referring to the dried blood on her forehead, her caked bangs, and the little twigs sticking out of her tousled braids.

"The prettiest mess." You grinned, reaching down to find her hand in yours, before bringing it up to your mouth.

Her palm brushing on your lips, you gave her little kisses— sending shivers down her spine. Your tender lips on her palm felt like a butterfly fluttering its wings against her skin. She hated the feelings of it— and the feelings she felt because of it.

Yet she couldn't pull away. Only God knows what kind of things you did to her.

-

Soft Wednesday <33