pocky game

"Wednesday!"

Your lover rolled her eyes, her arms crossed against her chest as she scoffed lightly.

"Please?" You pleaded, your words slightly muffled by the pocky between your teeth. You bit into it, only hard enough to hold it in the air without breaking it into half.

"I see no point in this activity." She stated, her eyes scanning over your face, holding her gaze on your lips for a bit longer than she had meant to. Quickly, she dropped her eyes down, earning a confused look from you.

"It's cute!" You whined, bringing yourself closer to her, your fingertips touching hers. You cocked your head, trying to get into your lover's range of vision.

"Wednesday, you can't do this to me. You didn't give me my goodnight kiss yesterday, so.." you trailed off, raising your eyebrows as you waited for the girl to give up.

But as always, she was incredibly stubborn.

"You fell asleep before I could reach your dorm." She argued, "It's your fault for not answering my knocks."

"It was four in the morning, Wednesday." You said, exasperated. "Of course I'll be asleep at that time."

"Still doesn't change the fact that you didn't answer my knocks."

You groaned, leaning back on the chair childishly. Your arms dropped to your side, dangling in the air.

"Well, I guess I'll just do it with Enid.. worth a try, though." You muttered.

Wednesday's mind fell into an alarm. What? Why would you play the game with Enid?

Just as you were getting up, a tug on your uniform stopped you from doing so. You looked down to see the raven haired girl glaring at you with a deadly look, her fingers gripping your suit shakily.

"What is it?" You asked innocently, watching in confusion as the girl hesitated. Her jaw clenched as she fought herself in conflict.

"Why are you doing it with Enid?" She gritted out, pulling on your clothes softly, bringing you back onto the chair. Realization struck you, your mouth curving into a smug smile. You cut the pocky in half with your teeth, munching on it happily.

"Oh, you know. My girlfriend isn't playing the pocky game with me, unfortunately. I have no choice but to play it with my best friend." Your lover stared daggers at you, though it didn't seem to affect you.

A silence passed with the pair's mind games– Wednesday not budging from her mute state, and you refusing to give in.

You sighed, shifting on your seat. "I guess there's no one to play it with."

You held back a laugh. Seeing Wednesday in struggle was strangely satisfying to watch.

"Fine." She said, refusing to meet your eyes. You beamed, bringing yourself closer cheerfully.

"You have to look at me!" You said, cupping her cheeks, tracing your lover's eyes back to you. You could see her cheeks darkening faintly, though you could barely tell.

You pulled out a pocky from the package, before biting on it.

"Come on." You urged, the corner of your lips turning upwards as you watched her sigh, before biting the snack, too.

Slowly, you closed the distance between the two, grinning like a lovesick fool. You were so close to her that you could feel her breath against your nose— and it only took a moment for you to smash your lips onto yours.

You tasted chocolate, and you wondered if it's from the pocky you ate, or if it's the taste of her lips. Whatever it was, it tasted awfully sweet.

"Mm, your lips taste lovely." You said as you pulled back, giggling when your lover muttered shut up.

"I love you too!" You said, wrapping your arms around her petite figure. She grumbled under her breath, but soon rested her hands on your side, and you felt yourself warming up from the act.

You sank into her sweet touch, touch that was just like her honey lips.

You're totally doing this again next year.