3

"Happy birthday!" All of Ella's friends shouted when she walked through the common room door.

She jumped slightly, a bit startled but couldn't contain her excitement a big smile on her face.

Lily, Mary, and Marlene were holding a cake that had writing in icing on it

Happy Birthday Ella

"You guys" she exclaimed looking up at her friends

"Allow me" Remus said lifting his wand. With a small swish the candles on the cake were lit.

Ella smiled as her friends sang to her yet again.
"Thank you...all of you" she said before blowing her candles out

"Did you make a wish?" Peter asked
"She can't tell you that!" Mary shouted
"Why not?"

"It's bad luck!" She yelled
"I just want to know-"
"You can't!"

"But!"
"No buts!"
The two continued to bicker while Lily and Marlene began cutting the cake, everyone waiting eagerly.

James and Sirius fell onto the couch laughing at who knows what after a few too many butter beers.

Remus sat down next to them as Sirius laid himself across their laps.

Ella watched her friends a goofy smile spread across her face, she was so lucky to have them.

When she looked up Fabian and Gideon walked by deep in conversation.

Fabian looked up and Ella met his eye for a moment, he smiled and winked at her before turning his attention back to his brother.

"Cake?" Lily asked pulling her back
"Please!" She said accepting the plate from her friend.

Music was filling the common room and Ella and her friends were sitting around the fire talking and laughing.

Mostly being entertained by the boys antics.

James had not so secretly always fancied Lily but Ella noticed Lily showing more interest lately.

The way she smiled and hung on his every word.

Maybe Potter would get lucky and she'd accept his offer for a date finally.

"No no it was fucking brilliant" Sirius exclaimed regaling everyone with his story.

Ella laughed but her mind began to wander. She looked towards the door, suddenly feeling the need to walk.

She got to her feet and smiled
"Bed?" Mary asked

"No....just need to stretch my legs" she told her friends.

Peter got up and yawned
"I however will be going to bed"
"Me too" Lily added

"I guess we'll go up too" Marlene said looking at Mary.

"Awe party poopers" James whined
"I'll be back" Ella reassured him.

She started walking for the door and paused
"Thanks everyone" she said
"Best birthday yet"

They all smiled and wished her a happy birthday again before she left.

The halls were quiet and still compared to the common room.

Ella let out a long sigh and started walking aimlessly.

She loved the castle. Even though her mum and dad worked very hard to make England feel like home it wouldn't compare to Hogwarts.

She walked towards the transfigurations courtyard wanting to see the sky.