9

December 24th 1974

"Help where's my eyeliner" Mary shrieked. Ella looked over at her friend and sighed

"It's in your hand you wanker" she laughed. Mary looked down at her hand and then at Ella

"Oh....thanks"

The three other girls laughed and continued getting ready.

El was sitting on the floor in front of her mirror making her final touches to her makeup before getting dressed.

Her hair was in a low bun with a few strands of loose hair framing her face.

"Oh fuck we're late" Lily said getting her heels on

"I'm not" Marlene said
"My date isn't done yet either"

Ella looked over at her and laughed
"Well we told the boys we'd meet them outside of the great hall in....less than a minute" Mary said

"Alright hang on" Ella said getting up. She got into her dress and put on her nude heels.

"I am now officially ready" she said after putting on a gold drop necklace

"Finally" Lily sighed hurrying downstairs. The others girls followed and they all excitedly walked towards the great hall.

Everyone around them was dressed in their best, the energy buzzing throughout the castle.

Lily and Mary immediately spotted James and Sirius and hurried down the stairs.

Ella and Marlene walked over to Remus, Peter and Dorcas meadows.

"Hey Dorcas" Marlene said with a smile
"You look great"

"Thanks, so do you" Peter stepped closer to her a big smile on his face.

"You both look lovely ladies" Remus said
"Awe Moony" El gushed
"Casanova is more like it" Marlene laughed 

He flashed a smile and put his arm around El
"Ready to go in?" He asked and everyone nodded.

They all headed into the great hall that was covered in floor to ceiling ice and snow, kissing the top of her head earning a giggle.

"Over here" James shouted waving his friends over.

They all joined the four at their table and El sat as far away from Sirius as possible.

He noticed and frowned. He didn't even want her here at all.

He looked around the room and saw his brother...dateless as well. What a coincidence.

The music was blasting and James had passed his flask around more times than Ella could count.

She was currently on the dance floor with Marlene jumping to the music.

James and Lily were in deep conversation at the table and Sirius and Mary had wandered off down the hall.

Peter and Dorcas had danced a few songs but ended up around the punch bowl.

The music changed and slowed down so Marlene and Ella headed back to the table.

"I need a drink" Marlene said
"You want one?"

"I'm fine" El smiled at her friend as she went in the other direction
"I'll be back"

"Ella" Fabian said coming up behind her, gently touching her arm. She turned around and smiled up at him.

His usually unruly hair was combed down and he was wearing the most handsome black dress robes.