08: Sazerac

I can't be feeling these...feelings towards him. It was going to do nothing but distract me from work and leave me heartbroken in the end.  This is why I hate emotions. Look at me now, panicking because a certain man in my life played with my hair a little. What have I become?

I needed to get my mind off him and there were only two ways I knew how to do that. 

Sex and blood. 

And frankly one sounds more appealing than the other. 

I filtered through my suitcase and pulled out the nicest outfit that I had brought with me. It wasn't like I expected to go out somewhere nice when I was packing but it's best to always prepare. 

The low cut, monochromatic red suit was perfect. Pretty enough to catch someone's attention but comfortable enough to sit at the bar for a few hours. I grabbed my phone and a little bit of money before leaving my room. The sun was starting to set and it was casting bright rays of sunshine over the whole city. 

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down before I pulled my sunglasses down and started walking down the street. I kept my eyes forward and a tough look on my face. I wanted to make sure people would step out of my way. 

I didn't bother to tell King where I was going, I knew he would just follow me if I did. I just needed the night to myself. It had been a very, very long time since I'd been on my own for the night. Usually I always had Scott and Lenny with me. 

I walked to the nearest bar that wasn't a shit hole and went inside. I huffed out a breath of air and put my sunglasses on top of my head. The woman behind the bar smiled at me as I walked in and took a seat on the closest barstool. 

"Did your Uber take you to the wrong place?" She joked, pouring a shot for another customer. "You're dressed pretty fancy to be sitting in here." 

"I wanted to get dressed up but didn't have enough money for the nice bar around the block." I lied. "Can I get a Sazerac?" 

The bartender nods and starts to mix up my drink. I wait patiently and soon enough, she slides me my drink. She leaves to serve the next customer just in time for a man to sit down next to me and frankly he was taking up too much of my personal space. Even with the overwhelming scent of alcohol, I could smell the BO wafting from him. 

"There's plenty of open bar stools down that way." I mutter, motioning towards the empty seats. 

The smelly man laughs a hoarse laugh.

"Yeah, but I can't sit next to you down there. Aye, lady!" He calls to the bartender. She gives him a quick glance before rolling her eyes. "My usual!"

He looks back over and me and leans closer. I internally gag and tilt away from him. 

"I've never seen you in here before." He says, leaning even closer. "That's some outfit you've got on." He eyes the low cut blazer and I scowl at him, closing my jacket tighter. Sure, I wore it to get attention but I could see that this man wasn't interested in buying me a drink and I'm not sure if I even wanted him to. He seemed like he'd spike it. 

I sip on my drink and try to ignore him. 

"You deaf or something?" He says a little louder, leaning closer. He was about to fall off his barstool but before he could, the bartender came over. 

"He bothering you?" She asks, throwing an annoyed glance his way. She poured out some beer into a glass and slid it over to him. 

"Not yet." I answered, downing the rest of my drink. "Another one?" 

"You've got some fancy tastes, huh?" He grunts and starts chugging his beer. Droplets drip down his chin and soak his white greasy tank top. "Fruity little drink?" Then he burps.