02: I'll Consider It

The bright sun nearly blinding me is what woke me up from my deep slumber. A pounding headache caused a dull feeling to hit the back of my eyes. I tried blocking the rays of light as I opened my eyes and that's when all the memories came rushing back to me. Someone had drugged me and brought me.... back to my casino? I sat up in bed, ignoring my muscles protests. 

"Scott?! Lenny?!" I called out and winced at the soreness in my throat. Those fuckers must have used a horse tranquillizer on me. I felt as if I went on a seven day alcohol binge and was now bearing the consequences of the hangover. 

"Thank god, you're awake." Lenny said upon entering the room with a cup of water. He passed me the glass when stood in front of me and I took it was eager hands, gulping it down in a matter of seconds. 

"What the fuck happened?"

"We should be asking you that, boss. We found you passed out in the back ally. You've been asleep for a whole day." Scott said as he entered and stood beside Lenny.

"They drugged me." 

"Who?"

"I don't know. They injected me with the sedative before I could get an answer out of them."

"Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled you're back but why the fuck would they bring you here?" Lenny asked.

"They walked straight in to the building but we checked the footage, there isn't anything on the tape." Scott added. 

"What do you mean there isn't anything there. The tapes are supposed to record all night." I was baffled. Either someone here wasn't doing their job or the people who drugged me had some very smart people working with them. 

"We had Philo check, there wasn't anything weird with the tapes either. They couldn't even find where someone might have made a cut in the recording." 

"Is that the only news you have to tell me? Could it possibly get worse?" 

The answer was yes. Of fucking course it could get worse. 

"We had a few men go down and check the loading dock where Alejandro kept your shipment." I nodded, praying that it was still there. "It's gone. However, Philo was able to grab a snippet of that footage before they wiped the recording. Turns out it was the men that ambushed La Mascara right before Lenny and I left." 

"How can you tell?" 

"I recognized the driver and the car from last night at the casino as Scott and I were leaving." 

"Those bastards," I cursed. My mind was reeling still from the tranquilizers but still I was able to function enough to imagine ripping off every one of those men's heads. Especially his. The good looking, good for nothing piece of shit that thought it was okay to knock me out. And with tranquilizers? How low. 

"What happened?" Scott asked again. "You were in La Mascara and you were fine. We left with Alejandro, he's sedated in the holding cell by the way. After we left, you went to see who started to shoot up the place, did you find out who?" 

"No, Scotty Boy, it was kind of hard to find out anything with a tranquilizing needle shoved in my neck." I snapped, clutching my throbbing head. "I would like some water, please." I heard one of them get up and start to shuffle out of the room. "And a bottle tylenol." I added. I think I need to down the whole bottle before I'll get rid of this headache. 

"So what's the next move, boss?" Scott asked, bracing himself for me answer. He already knew.

"Isn't it obvious? We're going to go after them." Both of the boys went silent and I could feel their questioning stares burning into me. "Something to say?"