09: Necrotic

"Did you call the fucking cops?" I shrieked, trying to keep up with his pace. He was taking turn after turn. 

"Why would I call them?" He retorted and he cursed when we came to a very tall chain link fence. He groaned and looked behind us, seeing how much time we had. "Go, go!" He hoisted me up the fence, basically shoving me over the top. 

I stumbled when my feet made contact with the ground and waited until he got over the fence himself. Just as he reached the top, the cops started shooting. The bullets ricocheted off the metal and brick walls but when King flinched, I knew one bullet had hit it's target. 

King cursed through gritted teeth before falling over the fence. He grunted in pain but stood to his feet, clutching his side. 

"You're shot." 

"No, for real?" He mocked sarcastically. I wrapped my arm around his waist and helped him run down the alley way. When we had gotten far enough away, I couldn't hear the polices' footsteps behind us anymore. I stopped and leaned King up against the wall. I gasped for air, struggling to breathe after hauling his body down the allies. "You need to call Dylan. He was following after me-,"

"In the fucking R.V.?" 

"No because while you were out having your fun, we ditched the van and got a new car. Get in my back pocket, call him." 

I tried to push away the thoughts that were getting giddy from being all close to him. Even in the freezing rain, his body was still warm. 

I pulled his phone out and turned it on but it was passcode protected. 

"I need the password." I fumbled with the phone. It was getting slippery from the rain. 

"Give it here, I'll put it in." He held his bloody hand out, flexing his fingers.

"Hold your bullet hole, tell me the password."

"Okay, a..s..e..s..i-,"

"For fucks sake." 

I put in the rest of the password and called Dylan, telling him where we were. I pulled off my jacket and ripped it so I could tie it around his waist. I could feel his stare as I tied it as tight as I could.

"Quit moving, you're going to bleed out-," He reached up and tucked that same piece of hair behind my ear. I slowly looked up at him, wishing he would stop doing these things to me. He was making me feel things that I didn't want to feel for him. 

He opened his mouth to speak but instead of saying something that might make me like him, he says, "I can see your tits through that shirt." 

I didn't miss a beat. 

I pressed hard on the wound and moved my face closer to his. 

"Keep talking and there will be two bullets in your side."

"I like when you say mean things to me." He joked lowly, leaning in closer. He looked at my lips and I knew if I would have sat there for just a second longer, I would have caved and let him kiss me. Just in time, Dylan pulled up and honked the horn.

I helped him into the new car and sat down in the seat next to him. I unwrapped the jacket from around him and lifted his shirt. His tan skin was slick with water and blood. Without taking too much time to stare stupidly at his muscular stomach, I quickly found the bullet hole. 

"We need to get the bullet out." I said and placed my hands around his wound. 

"No, carajo, no lo hacemos!" He hissed in pain from his outburst. "Take me to the hospital." (No the fuck we don't)