One

"Boy, over here!" I grabbed the tray then went to the table, setting the ales down and sliding the tray underneath my arm.

"Anything else for you sailors?" I asked, but grit my teeth as one grabbed my ass.

"How much for you-"

"We aren't that sort of tavern-"

"Every tavern is that sort of tavern!" The sailor grinned, but I shook my head.

"I promise, you'll want to take your hand off of me before someone sees it." I said and went to step away, but he stood and grabbed my arm.

"I said I want you tonight, whore!" He growled, but silence fell over the tavern as the doors opened and the six men standing there glared at us.

"Wooyoung, the usual." The shortest one said and I nodded, going to walk back to the bar, but the sailor didn't let me go.

"I'm talking with him-"

"Let him go." The man said and lifted his chin some, glaring at the man holding me.

"Or what?!"

"Captain, please! It-it's okay!" I stuttered, but whined as the sailor got in my face.

"I didn't say you can talk!"

"LET HIM GO!" I heard and the sailor loosened his grip then turned and his eyes widened as he looked at the captain.

"The Shadow Captain!" He breathed, the shadows around Captain Hongjoong moving as he growled.

"Please, it-it's okay!" I begged and the sailor let me go then I fell to the ground, not expecting him to actually let me go right then. I pushed myself up then looked up as Sir Seonghwa came over, helping me stand.

"THE NEXT PERSON TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON HIM WILL DIE!" Captain Hongjoong growled and the tavern nodded as I stood and brushed my pants off.

"Are you alright?" Sir Seonghwa asked and I nodded.

"Let me get your drinks." I whispered and rushed to the bar as the pirates went to their usual table when they came to the Utopia Tavern.

"Are you alright, Wooyoung?" I looked at the old bar man who had taken me in and nodded.

"I'll be fine." I smiled and set the six drinks on the tray, holding it as I went to the corner table.

"Let me see." I looked at the Captain then forced a smile.

"I said-"

"I don't repeat myself, Wooyoung." He said and I cleared my throat, setting the tray down and pulling my sleeve up. I could already see a bruise forming.

"San." I looked at the pirate medic then he grabbed my hand, his magic flowing into my body and healing my bruise.

"Thank you." I whispered and ducked my head.

"What did he want?" Sir Seonghwa asked and I glanced at him as I set the drinks out.

"He claimed this tavern was like other taverns, he wanted me." I said and lifted the tray, holding it to my chest as I stood there.

"Do you need anything else?" I asked, but they shook their heads. I turned and went back to the bar then sighed as the old man glared at the pirates.

"I know you don't like them, but they favor me-"

"They're lawless criminals with filthy magic!" He spit and I sighed. Magic was a rarity here in the Strickland Kingdom, more so in other countries. We had faint traces of it due to faeries being here decades ago, but they were all killed out in what's now known as "The Culling" by the soldiers of the king. He had feared their magic, because it was so strong, and sent his guards into the faery forest to kill them and burn the forest to the ground. The Black Pirates, six of the deadliest pirates in the world, somehow had magic still.

"They only use it on the unjust-"

"They've killed guards-"

"That deserved it!" I said and sighed, looking at the pirates. Captain Hongjoong, the Shadow Captain who controls darkness. Sir Seonghwa, the Mystic first mate who controls the mist and fogs of the sea. Quarter Master Yeosang, the King of Storms who can literally make natural disasters wherever he pleases. San, the healer who can heal any wounds with a single touch. Mingi, the Whisperer who controls any animals within a five mile radius. Jongho, the Giant who has the strength of the once proud giants. Another race killed out by the human king of Strickland.

"Boy, stop dazing!" I blinked and sighed, grabbing the drinks and running around the tavern.

Jongho's POV
"Are we sure they're here?" I asked and Hongjoong looked at me.

"All signs have pointed here. The faery heir is here." He said, but Seonghwa sighed.

"You heard the faery king! The heir is rumored to be half human, meaning they won't look like a faery-"

"Or live nearly as long as them." Yeosang said and I frowned as I looked around, feeling my magic tingle in the way it did when myth magic was around. Myth Magic was special magic that was only found in faeries, giants, mermaids, and the occasional siren or dryad.

"Jongho?" I heard Mingi call me, but I was scanning the tavern to try and figure out who could possibly be making my magic connect with theirs.

"Jongho." I looked at Hongjoong then shook my head, looking at the tavern again.

"The heir is here." I whispered and heard them shuffling, probably to look around, but there were too many faces here to figure out who it could be that my magic was connecting to.

"Can you tell who?" Yeosang asked, but I shook my head.

"No, only that they're here. My magic is connecting to theirs-"

"Jongho!" Hongjoong said in warning and I nodded, looking at him.

"I know. I know what that means, Hongjoong-"

"How can your magic be connecting to a faery? I thought magic only connected to the same species." San said, but I sighed.

"This heir could have myth magic as well, that's how." I said and looked out at the tavern, trying to focus my magic to find the person, but I couldn't. There were too many people here to get a good read on the faint magic I felt.