Seventeen

"All this over a tiny rock?" I asked as I held the necklace, but Yunho frowned.

"It was well hidden." He said and I looked at the healing cuts on him then sighed.

"So it was."

"Let me see." I handed it to Seonghwa, but he yelped and dropped it. As the stone hit the ground, I saw Seonghwa cradling his hand and frowned.

"Are you okay?!" Hongjoong asked, but Seonghwa shook his head and glared at the chain.

"It just burned me!" He said and I took his hand then saw a burn on his palm.

"But they can touch it?" Jimin asked and looked between Yunho and I.

"Wooyoung, because he has fire magic. Yunho though?" Jongho asked, but I didn't say anything as I kneeled to pick up the necklace.

"We need to test this. See if it works." I said and looked at Yunho.

"Far from any of us, I remember." He said and I nodded.

"As far into the desert as you can get me." I said then he stood.

"I'll take him." Jungkook offered, but Yunho full on growled and Jungkook rolled his lips in.

"Or not. Not is good. You can take him." He said then Yunho looked at me.

"Go, Wooyoung. Break the spell." Seonghwa said and I nodded, gripping the necklace tightly.

"This seems too easy!" San said and I looked at him then huffed.

"Only one way to find out." I said then Yunho and I left the temple. As we got outside, he went ahead and I waited as he changed, dropping his head for me to climb on. I gripped his head as tightly as I could then yelped as he lifted his head and softly growled.

"Hanging on as tight as I can!" I said and put the necklace around my neck, screaming as he flew into the sky.

"HOLY SHIT!" I screamed and he made a chuckling sound then I looked back and saw the temple already a small dot in the sand.

"HOW FAST ARE YOU FLYING?!" I yelled, but he only slowed some and landed in the sand. As I slid off his neck, I looked around and realized we were in the middle of the desert.

"Go." I said and looked at Yunho.

"Go, so I can do this. I will wait five minutes, then I'll do the spell. Okay?" He bobbed his head then lightly bumped me before backing up and flying back towards the temple. As I waited, I pulled the necklace off and realized it had been his magic keeping me cold before, because I was sweating down to my balls now.

"Fuck, I hate the desert!" I whispered and held the silver chain of the necklace, taking a deep breath.

"Amicus Ad Aras!" I breathed, watching the ruby begin to glow.

Yunho's POV
I changed then hit the sand, the pirates and other dragon waiting outside. I stood up then turned, flinching as a pillar of fire flew into the air, approximately where I'd left Wooyoung.

"The spell worked!" Yeosang breathed, but I could feel it.

"Jungkook!" I snarled and he nodded, coming to stand beside me. Right before the wave of pressurized air hit us, we used our magic to put up a barrier and I grunted as I actually had to fight against Wooyoung's magic to keep the others from hurting.

"WHAT IS THAT?!" Mingi yelled over the wind, but I growled as I slid back in the sand some.

"JUNGKOOK!" I yelled and he reached over, grabbing my hand and joining our magic. It was less of a struggle, but still a struggle nonetheless. As the air slowly disappeared, we panted then I looked and saw the pillar of fire still shooting into the air.

"It's his magic!" I breathed and frowned as I realized something.

"When sand is heated, what does it become?" I asked and looked at the pirates.

"Glass!" RM breathed and I looked at the pillar then at Jungkook.

"Superheated sand turned into glass?! Hunters are going to know it was a magic wielder!" He said and we ran ahead, changing mid run and flying towards the fire. Just before we got to it, we changed back and landed on the edge of the sand, staring at the large circle of glass around the large pillar.

"Where is he?!" Jungkook asked, but I shook my head and slowly stepped onto the glass, testing it's strength.

"Go back and get the others! I will try to get to him!" I said and he nodded, turning and going to get the pirates as I carefully walked closer to the pillar.

"Dragon." I heard and felt tears begin to fill my eyes.

"Jong-Hyun?!" I breathed and turned, seeing the spirit of my old friend.

"Hello, Yunho!" He grinned and I beamed, smiling at him.

"How-"

"Your friend's magic is strong. Strong enough for this old spirit here to appear to you." He said and approached, setting a misty hand on my shoulder. My shoulder now felt a bit warm, but I knew he had no real temperature to him.

"To reach him, you must realize your curse, Yunho!" He said and I frowned.

"Your friend there has ancient magic, magic of the First Dragon. That is the reason he is so strong!" He said and I turned my head to look at the fire again.

"In order to safely reach him, you need to become a Grand Dragon. Or that fire will kill you." I looked back at Jong-Hyun then he sighed.

"How does one become a Grand Dragon?" I asked and he sighed.

"Normally, through age. We don't have that luxury, unfortunately. Instead, there is another way. What were you cursed for, Yunho?" He asked and I frowned.

"Loving someone." I breathed and he smiled softly.

"So accept that curse, accept that you are different, and your curse will cease to kill you. Accept what you know is true in your heart, and you'll become a Grand Dragon." He said and I smiled as I nodded.

"I miss you." I whispered and he grinned.

"As I miss many of the pleasures of life, including indulging you in a round of cards. I died for a purpose, Yunho, and I need you to take care of that dragonling. He is young for a dragon, yet he is also reckless for a human. I try and watch over him, have tried to guide him, but I only managed to lead him to pirates-"

"Jong-Hyun, that was the best thing you ever could have done for him!" I said to my friend's spirit and he smiled.

"I suppose." He whispered and sighed.

"The dragonling approaches. Do as I've said, save your friend. The faery prince has noticed the fire and is on his way here now. Be careful of that bitch, he's sneaky and will not be afraid to play dirty." He said and I nodded, nearly crying out as he faded. When he was gone, I thought about his words then took a deep breath. It's not wrong to love men. It's not wrong to feel the way I do. It's not wrong to love Wooyoung, my soulmate. Already, I could feel the change.