Chapter 22 (Part 1)

what a cute picture ! wow that's totally random a totally weird picture not a hint at all !
anyways. a couple of notes:
- first of all happy Valentine's Day !! in this world and ours :)
- this chapter and the one after (22 all parts & 23) are so insanely long like i'm so sorry just prepare yourself. but it's the v day party and a LOT happens sooo
- i'm also splitting chapter 22 into 3 parts, sort of like a party has different hours of the night yeah yeah yeah it's like that. (but all parts of 22 will be uploaded today still.)

Despite the events of the day before, Taehyun found himself actually pretty excited for the night ahead. Probably just because it gave him and Beomgyu an excuse to get ready together, seeing as each one needed to dress like the other's least favorite person.

He was sitting on his floor, Kai having already gone to help Yeonjun set up for the party. All of his makeup was spread out, because he had no idea what to do to turn the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen into his stupid fucking dad.

When he heard the knock, he jumped up and swung the door open before he had time to be embarrassed at his own eagerness.

"He-!...Holy shit."

He was staring at a now red haired Beomgyu. His long hair was gone, and the boy had dyed his hair a tomato color. Taehyun didn't know what to do with himself.

(A.N// neither did i when we lost Beomgyu's long hair...<///3)

Beomgyu's touched his head and laughed. "Do you like it? I was trying to do the cliché fire-hot-head thing. Maybe it's not doing that?"

"I...."
Did Taehyun like it? He was so smitten he felt like he's going to faint.

"Yes. I...yeah. It's good. I like it."

Mentally slapping himself, he stepped  aside and let a very satisfied Beomgyu into the room. They both sat, and Taehyun started on Beomgyu's makeup, admittedly winging it completely. It was quiet, but no part of the silence was uncomfortable.

"So," Beomgyu started, smirking. "Who do you wanna bet is going to kill Yeonjun and Kai first?" Both laughed, and Taehyun thought about it. "It depends. I was trying to think of a bet for who this dumbass plan actually works for first. I'm torn between Minsung and Hyunbin."

Beomgyu gaped at him. "Tell me you did not just make those up."
Taehyun laughed, and shook his head. "Kai won't shut up about how smart he and Yeonjun are for this idea. In the process, he's called each pair a...ship name." Taehyun pretended to shudder, to Beomgyu's amusement, and moved from face makeup to eyes.
He didn't take long on face makeup, as he wanted Beomgyu's perfect fucking features to stay the exact same.

"Well..." the other started, smirking again, "Then I guess Taegyu already wins."

Taehyun froze, then burst out laughing. "Well, sure. But that wasn't because of them. So I'm not letting Kai have that."

The other agreed, just in time for Taehyun to finish his look. He'd gone for more subtlety, because selfishly he still wanted his date to look like Beomgyu. He'd decided to do red and orange flames on his face to match the hair, and left out any blue so that the boy bore no resemblance to his father. Sitting back, he was pleased with his work.

"I'm done, your highness of the deceased."
Beomgyu rolled his eyes at Taehyun's bow. "Yeah, yeah. My turn 'Ace of Gods.'"
He pushed Taehyun to sit up against the wall and pulled out the things he brought.

He started on the eyes, skipping his face entirely. Taehyun tried not to let his dumb smile ruin the process.

"I don't think it was a bad idea," Beomgyu started, and Taehyun was hanging onto every word to avoid staring at how close their lips were while he worked.
"I definitely think it'll help.... certain situations. An understanding of some kind."