Chapter 3

In another room, Fay is seated on a couch with her head down as there were two men dressed as royal guards at each side of the door in front of her. Both guards were quiet and they only stood there like mannequins. She was quiet for a few minutes as she is too embarrassed to speak or even make a noise.

This is awkward, Fay thought.

I wonder why that woman earlier froze when I ran into her...

As time slowly passes, her boredom could not take it any longer so she decided to lay down on the couch to rest. Of course, both men noticed but none of them said anything and the man on the right side of the door just coughed. Then, Fay noticed an odd painting to her left. She wanted to take a closer look so she silently got up and moved to the left without making a single noise to catch the one of the men's attention (although they are aware of it).

Her eyes squinted to take a closer look at it. She could see three people dressing up as if they were royals. An older man with blonde hair and green eyes who seemed like a king. An older woman with blue eyes and brown hair tied to a lower bun who seems to be the queen. And...

Fay's eyes widened with confusion as she could see a girl who looks exactly like her in the painting. No, it is her in the painting! Blonde hair, blue eyes, the girl in the painting has Fay's accurate features. She rubbed her eyes to confirm that it wasn't her. When she looked at the painting once again, she could still see her face in that picture!

"W-what?!" Fay yelled.

She had almost forgotten the two men in the room, so she immediately kept her mouth shut. Fay chuckled with embarrassment and apologized to the men. After that, she sat back on the couch and kept her mouth silent for the rest of the time.

H-how is that possible? Why does that painting have my face on it? I don't remember being in that painting or anything! Fay panted as thoughts kept pouring in her mind.

I need to get out of here ASAP!

Suddenly, Fay heard loud footsteps coming from outside the door. The doors burst open and two people rushed inside. Fay immediately stood up and her eyes widened when she saw the man and woman. Her eyes slowly turned to the painting once again and she noticed that the man and woman were the same people she saw in the painting with another Fay.

Fay took a deep breath, "Hello-"

"FREYA DARLING!!!"

The woman ran to Fay with open arms and gave her a bone-crushing hug. Fay was uncomfortable as she can barely breathe in the woman's arms.

"Both of you may leave and return to your post," said the older man.

They bowed, "Yes, my king." And they immediately left the room.

"Oh Freya! My darling sweet angel! How are you! You were unconscious when they brought you back!" The woman said as she rested her hands on Fay's cheek. "But oh! Thank the stars you're alright!" She said as she gave another bone-crushing hug.

The man noticed Fay's discomfort, "Dear, that's enough for our daughter to handle."

Fay raised her eyebrow, Wait, daughter? And... my name isn't Freya?

Poor Fay did not know what was going on. The two people in front of her aren't even her own parents! The older woman stopped her hugging and the two gave her a serious look. Fay sweated nervously.

"Freya, where the heaven's sake have you been?! Five days, FIVE DAYS, FREYA!" The man yelled at her. "The whole kingdom searched for you! I even sent a message to other kingdoms!"