Chapter 4

The next day...

Fay is still shaken from yesterday's enigma. When she had finally awoken from her slumber, she had hoped that it was just a funny dream and that she was still in her own room or even in the waiting room. But when Fay opened her eyes and sat up, realized that she was still in the same room. She sighed in desperation and rose from the bed, stretched herself and yawned.

Huh... So it really wasn't a dream after all...

Fay sat on her bed and started staring at the floor continuously, when out of nowhere, someone barged inside the room which startled her.

"Rise and shine, Freya! We haven't gotten all day so-" The queen paused for a moment when she saw that Fay has already awoken. "Oh finally! Already awake aren't you?" Fay blinked in awe as she watched the queen whirled her right hand slowly and the curtains suddenly rose up.

"Umm.. Yes!" Fay replied.

"You have to get ready, darling. You have a lot to carry out today!"

"Right!" Fay said.

------------------------------------------------

Fay hurriedly rushed downstairs wearing a long pink gown with gold lace fabric. As she rushes outside, she notices some servants minding their own business. Fay saw that their faces looked a little down so she decided to greet them to enlighten whatever they were doing.

"Good morning, ma'am, sir," Fay said merrily.

The servants were surprised by her behavior as if they never had a greeting in their entire life. They were so stunned by the princess' behavior that they were even at a loss for words.

"A-ah! Good morning, Princess Freya!"

"Good morning to you too, princess.."

Thanks to Hendrix, Fay was able to find the throne room in no time. When Fay opened the large doors to the throne room, she looked around with her eyes widened. She never expected the room to be this huge. The interior of the room is larger than her whole house! The room was filled with such loyal servants and guards. Fay walked with such nervousness, with her head down.

You know... Maybe telling the truth is such a bad idea... Fay thought.

Fay stopped walking and looked above the small stairs. She saw the king and queen or her "pretend" parents sitting on the thrones. Indeed, they look absolutely majestic in some way.

"Here I am. You asked for my presence to be known?" She said as tried to sound more regal.

The king nodded. "Indeed."

The queen snapped her fingers and a woman dressed elegantly walked up to Fay. She had auburn hair and wore a dress that looked very old but fashionable. "Miss Dianne will accompany you during your duties as the future queen. Since you are turning twenty-five in the next month, it will be your time to rise as the new queen.

F-future queen?! Okay, that is not what I signed up for.

"Mhm!" Fay nodded.

The king turned to the woman. "Please, state today's duties."

The woman bowed and with a snapped of her fingers, a scroll appeared, floating. Once she opened it, the length of the paper scroll almost gave Fay a heart attack. "For Her Royal Highness' duties. This early morning, she will be having artistic pursuits, learning each and every language of other kingdoms, studying the laws and she will also be having dance lessons. By the time it reaches afternoon, of course she will have afternoon tea whilst discussing with Lady Smith and Lady Farewell..."