37: Alone, again

(Y/N) POV:

Scaramouche was softly snoring and he shifted in the bed. That little nap he wanted, had turned into a deep slumber, that I was too scared to wake him from. His indigo hair was getting messier each time he turned in the bed.

My mouth formed upwards and I tried to stand. My naked feet hovered over the ground. What if I fell and woke Scaramouche up? I carefully placed my feet on the ground. When my feet met with the stone hard and icy floor, I shivered and lifted them up again with a sigh.

My eyes fell over at Scaramouche again and his eyes was fully opened and staring at me. He grinned and sat up. His hair fell back into place with a bounce.

"Need help?" His grin widened and I shook my head. I placed my feet back on the freezing floor and stood up. I was frozen in place. What if I fell? I took a slow step forward, but ended up falling. I waited for the impact, but it came around my waist instead.

"You sure?" I pouted at Scaramouche's words as his arms pulled me up again. I could feel his bodyheat behind me. Not to lie, it was nice, but I had promised myself that I would not care for anyone again.

Scaramouche hurried from my back over to my side. He help my shoulder tightly before taking a slow step. I tried to follow his careful steps, but ended up falling into his arms again. My apologetic eyes met with his confused ones. Scaramouche lifted my up with a hand under my knee and one by my shoulder, before placing me down on the bed.

"I still don't get how you can't walk?"

"I think it is the nightmare's? I know it sounds weird, but it is the same over and over again and I run, I run so much."

"Then don't run?!"

"That is the problem, I can't. My body won't listen to my commands, I am like a puppet to the marionettist." I complained. I cuddled up in my own arms and I felt tears pressing on again. I felt like a cry baby, and I was in others eyes for sure.

Scaramouche thought for a while before his eyes filled with rage. He said sorry before storming out of the room and left me with my own thoughts. I was stuck alone in bed, again. Alone, again.

SCARAMOUCHE POV:

That damm Sandrone. I rushed down the halls and searched for The Marionette. I hit a door and it opened up, revealing The Jester and Marionette talking inside with a cup of tea in their hands.

"Sorry to interrupt your little tea party, but I thought we had a deal that no harm was to happen!" I shouted at the two people in the room sipping tea. I felt a warm, gloved hand behind me and they pushed me aside.

The hand left my shoulder and The Doctor pushed past me. The Marionette smiled at me with closed eyes before leaning back in the chair.

"She is not harmed in any way physically, she'll me fine~" Sandrone almost sang out before sipping on the tea again. I felt my eye twitch as Doctor began to brew coffee in the corner.

"She can't walk!"

"Oh no what did you do? I thought we had a deal not to fall for the girl." The Doctor grinned from the coffee machine. The coffee was almost done brewing by now.

"Oh shut it will you? She woke up from a nightmare were she being controlled and was like a puppet. What a refence that is to a single name in this room!" My voice dripped with sarcasm and Marionette clearly found my reaction funny, cause the let out a small laugh.

The coffee machine let out a beep, and Doctor poured the charcoal black coffee in a cup, no milk followed. I squinted my eyes back at Marionette who still smiled with closed eyes at me.

"Plus, her first nightmare was before she met me, correct?" Another smile from both and Doctor. The two made eye contact and I turned my eyes away from them both.

"She had met Doctor." I crossed my arms and made eye contact with The Doctor who smiled innocently at me.

"But, as you just said, I am a Doctor and can't possibly do something that powerful. So in that sense we have nothing to do with it. She was just, unlucky I suppose you can call it." The two made eye contact again and Marionette let out a laugh.

"Balladeer are you sympathizing with her? It would make sense. You have after all had the same nightmares before. Unable to control your own body. Being a little obedient puppet-" I snapped and pulled Marionette close by the collar of her neck.

"Firstly, I am not your little obedient puppet, secondly, you did something, I don't know when or how, thirdly, I am not sympathizing with her, who do you think I am?" I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and I was forced to let go of Marionette.

"Relax Puppet. No harm will come her way, just as we promised." Doctor's voice behind sounded behind me. I pushed his arm away from my waist and I turned around to meet him.

"She can't walk because of her nightmares, I wont even call that a nightmare, no nightmare works like that." I turned and pointed at Marionette. "Only yours." Back to Doctor. "With your help."

Doctor shook his head with a faint smile on his lips. His red eyes met with mine.

"Please, we have no reason to."

"You had no reason to do it on me."

"That is something else, we needed a trusty subject." Doctor leaned forward and our faces was inches apart. I could here Pierro whisper something behind me and Marionettes laugh following.

"Well I am not your trusty subject, neither is she. Leave her alone." I pushed Doctor away and walked out of the door. I could hear Marionette say something about not sympathizing as I left.

I cursed and went into my office. My black desk was filled up with papers and I groaned. A highschool student working like a forty year old workaholics, makes no sense. I sat down in the chair and buried my head in my hands. A slight breeze went thought the room and the door slammed.

I turned my head and saw the window open. I let another, this time louder, groan and stood up. My feet stomped over the floor, I was sure to annoy Childe, who had his office, right beneath me. The window was pulled back by my hands with a loud bang.

I sat back in my chair and pulled a pen up. I took a some documents and began working. Alone again.

____________________________________________________________

HELLO HUMANS

Sorry it came out later today. I was at the doctor and it is not cancer, just my skin dying for some random reason that I didn't listen to, but I am cancer free:)

🍽EAT🍽
☕DRINK
🛏SLEEP🛏
🌳TOUCH GRASS🌳

-Nicho<3