Chapter 3 : The Hating Game

Just like every day, I walked into my classroom only to see Jungkook glaring at me. Of course, the first thing he does is glare at me when I enter the classroom every morning.

As I settled into my seat, my ears couldn't help but notice him furiously scribbling in his notebook. Getting curious, I sneaked a glance at what he was doing. "Damn, Ain't that....".

These are the assignments we received just yesterday? The teacher gave us two weeks to complete them because the chapters are hard.

My eyes widened as I gulped when I saw nine neatly finished assignments stacked beside his hand. Wait a minute, we were supposed to complete ten assignments, and he Is working on one right now. How in the world did he complete them In a night what the hell.

"Are you incapable of making friends?" Jungkook's cold voice broke the silence.

"Why do you ask?" I replied, swiftly straightening up and pretending as I wasn't eyeing him Just a second ago.

"Because the way you were side-eyeing me, I don't think you can make friends with that expression," he says. Can anything bad come out of his mouth for once?

"Yeah, I'll remember that the next time I seek an irrelevant opinion, Jeon" I replied with a forced smile.

"So, you actively look for pointless opinions? Well then, at least my words will be useful in your life, Kim" he chuckled. So, this is why I couldn't when we were kids.

"Of course, because know-it-all, annoying boys like you can't take straightforward advice, right?" I replied.

"Must've missed the part where you actually know what you're talking about, dude" Jungkook says drawing the attention of everyone in the classroom.

"I ain't your dude also do I look like a mirror to you, Jeon?" I quipped.

"Huh? No, you look like an Idiot to me, Kim"

"Well, You look like a problematic kid to me, Jeon,"

"Who asked? you're the problem here anyway"

"Did I ask if anyone asked?

"Who cares if you asked or not?"

"Nobody has to care,"

"Shut the heck up,"

"You should,"

"No, you should,"

"You!"

"Sh-"

"What's happening here? Everyone, return to your seats!" Mr. Kang's yelled at us with his stern gaze fixed on me and Jungkook. "You two will meet me in my office after school," he added.

Not this ugh.

~~~~~~~

"So, you had a fight with Jungkook again?"

"Yeah, and now Mr. Kang wants us to meet him in his office after school. I don't get why he's always got an issue with me. It's so frustrating," I grumbled.

"Correction, both of you have issues with each other, and both of you know it," she pointed out.

"I just can't stand him," I sighed.

"He doesn't know who he's dealing with" I said In an evil tone. "Yeah, just don't get into trouble," Miso warned me."Don't worry, I'll handle it without violence," I reassured her as we walked together.

~~~~~

"Can't believe she called you an idiot,lmaooo" Hoseok laughed.

"I know, right? I've never seen anyone talk to him like that," Jimin added, patting Jungkook on the back. "Are you guys on my side or hers?" Jungkook asked.

"Definitely on your side" Namjoon asked, munching on his chips.

"I'm thinking about how to deal with her. She crossed a line, she'll regret it," Jungkook replied coldly.

Miso and I were walking in the hallway when we encountered Jungkook and his friends. When Jungkook locked eyes with me, my stomach churned. He stopped right in front of me, leaving an uncomfortable gap between us, and stared at me with those eyes that I loathed so much.

I despised that feeling, like everything around him had frozen, and all I could see was Jungkook, my rival. I clenched my teeth. He smiled mischievously and then continued to walk past me. Just as he was about to disappear from my view, he turned back and said, "Oh, by the way, I've already turned in my assignments. You, on the other hand, haven't, right?" He left me fuming with anger.

Anger spikes inside me.

"Y-Y/N, ignore him. Let's go," Miso urged.

"Don't worry" I assured her, linking my arm with hers as we continued down the hallway. "Yeah, just don't get yourself in trouble," she said.