Chapter 4: Unexpected Detention

"Ughhh" Miso exclaimed, throwing her head back in despair. "Why? Just a while ago, you were smiling and thinking about Namjoon," I asked.

"I just don't understand Physics. What am I going to do in the exams?" she said, which made me chuckle.

"Are you laughing? Did I say something funny?" Miso sighed in frustration.

"Don't overthink it girl. It's not that big of a deal. Don't worry, I'll help you with Physics later," I reassured her with a warm smile as I got up from my seat. I needed to get my Chemistry notebook from my locker.

"Please, Y/N! I love you so much!" Miso hugged me tightly.

"Yeah, yeah, don't worry. Now, let me go. I need to get my Chemistry book before the lecture starts," I said.

"No, I'm not letting you go until you say it back!" she insisted.

"Are you serious?" I replied in annoyance.

"Come on, just say it," she urged.

"Uh, yeah, I... uh, love you," I whispered as she smiled. "Yey!" She finally released me.

I hurriedly made my way to my locker, which was only three corridors away from my classroom. But now, walking those three corridors felt like a 100km journey because my chemistry lecture was about to begin, and I didn't want to miss anything.

"...5... uh, finally," I muttered as I input the passcode to unlock my locker.

"Seriously? 12345?"

I was about to grab my notebook when I felt a whisper beside my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I turned around to see Jeon Jungkook standing dangerously close.

"You're really dumb, 12345 is your passcode?" he taunted.

Startled, I widened my eyes, not because of what he said, but because of how close he was standing. I could even see the color of his annoyingly beautiful eyes.

"Get away!" I yelled, pushing him back. Normally, I would have just told him to step back, but this time, I pushed him without a second thought. Something felt strange, as if I acted on impulse.

Jungkook lost his balance. "You—" He grabbed my tie and pulled me toward him to prevent himself from falling. My head hit his chest, and for some reason, it felt like my heart skipped a beat. I'd always wondered what he smelled like, and it turned out he smelled good.

But why was my heart racing?

Without thinking, I placed my hand behind his head before it could hit the floor. I didn't know why I did that.

"What the hell were you thinking? Why would you push me for no reason?" Jungkook demanded, irritation in his voice, while I remained on top of him. I snapped back to reality.

"Y-You scared the hell out of me," I awkwardly replied, quickly getting up and straightening my uniform.

"Shut up! You ruined my hairstyle," he complained.

"Excuse me? Who gave you permission to yell at me?" I retorted, rudely acting as if I hadn't just thought he smelled good a minute ago.

"Oh, no! It's been 10 minutes! I'm late!" I panicked and started to run.

"What! 10 minutes? Damn!" Jungkook also followed me. We both arrived at the classroom entrance.

"Come in," the teacher said. I was about to enter, but he stopped me. Oddly, he let Jungkook in without saying a word and kept me standing there, which internally frustrated me. Was it because I'm new?

Jungkook went to his seat, smirking, smiling, and quietly giggling. The teacher asked, "Why are you late?"

"I went to get my notebook," I replied.

"Really? I didn't know invisible notebooks were available in stores," he sarcastically remarked.

My eyes widened as I realized I'd left it behind. All because of Jeon Jungkook; I always get into trouble when he's around me.

"Why does this always happen to me?" I mumbled, trying to figure out what to say next.

"You know what?" the teacher said, and I stayed silent, avoiding eye contact. "You can come in after your detention."

What a wonderful day to be alive.