The Fall

The sun was glistening down on vibrant rolling green hills, the calm atmosphere almost making the Hedgehog running through it forget his current objective. Sonic had basically grown up in Green Hill, where he first encountered the villainous Dr. Robotnik, now dubbed Eggman. Sonic's reminiscing was interrupted by a voice coming through on his communicator. "Sonic! We need your help! Eggman is attacking Sunset Heights, and this time, he has way more robots than usual! Something's up. Please get here soon!" Came a female voice belonging to a pink hedgehog that for years had had a crush on the blue blur, but various shots could be heard in the background along with the occasional crunch of metal.

"Hold on, Amy. I'm on my way!" Sonic spoke back into his communicator as he sped up. Having spent so much time in Green Hill, he knew it like the back of his glove, all the ins and outs, and also, the quickest way to the coastal city of Sunset Heights. As he was running, he looked to the stone bracelet with a vibrant glowing green gem in it on his left wrist. It had been a gift from a very special friend of his long ago, a reminder that he always had a friend by his side. Sonic chuckled as he held up the bracelet, "Sure, seems familiar, huh Chip?" Although he never got a response, he felt comforted by the presence of the bracelet and continued to speed up. Fairly soon, he spotted the presence of Eggman in Green Hill as various of the maniac's machines were littering the path in between Sonic and the city.

"He must have known I'd come this way. But there's no time to lose. Better kick it up a notch." Sonic said to himself, but he wasn't worried as he continued, boosting right through the enemies and onward towards his goal. Pretty soon, he made his way to another area where he could get a good view of the entire area. The familiar rolling hills stretched on for what seemed like miles, but Sonic could notice that part of the place had been taken over by desert. Sonic scowled as he spotted the rising smoke of Sunset Heights, "I don't know what Eggman's up to, but I'm gonna stop it. No one messes with Green Hill."

Sonic then jumped off of the cliff as he caught his feet on the side and swiftly ran the rest of the way down, using the momentum to run up the next cliff and jump off of it into a cascading waterfall of sand. "Ugh, great. I'm gonna get sand in my quills now." Sonic groaned as he tucked himself into a ball and slid down a tunnel and onto once more solid ground. Bursting forward once again, he came to a large spiral bridge, one of his favorite spots to run across, but now it was covered in sand and the broken Remnants of Eggman robots. "This is it for Green Hill, so the city must be close. Best get ready for a fight, Eggman!" Sonic announced as he blasted through more enemies and under the arm of a destroyed robot, and the sandy grass was slowly replaced with cracked brick and concrete.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The city was in shambles as citizens ran for their lives, with fleets of robots soaring above the sky and attacking on the ground below. Near the city center were two Mobians among the rest. One was a rather young male fox who was unnaturally born with two tails, which inspired his nickname, but he also possessed a brilliant mind and used it to create the hand cannon he now fought with, switching between various different weapons to wipe out all the various robots attacking civilians.

The other was a slightly older pink hedgehog who fought with a massive hammer that she could seemingly wield with ease, sending robots cascading into others as well as nearby buildings, almost as a form of golf. The two of them were keeping up a decent fight in order to let other citizens escape, but the robots kept on coming, and they soon began to find exhaustion looming over them. But the two were interrupted as Eggman floated down in his Eggmobile, grinning at the unfolding chaos. "Eggman." The two tailed fox called out as he and the pink hedgehog stood together in front of another group of civilians. "In the flesh." Eggman stated as he was clearly enjoying himself, stroking his mustache.