The Arsenal Pyramid

Gadget sat in the helicopter as it flew to the base he and the Beta Team had been informed held Vector the Crocodile, leader of the Chaos Detective Agency. Looking out the windows, the prison could soon make itself known along the horizon, a vague shape of a triangle slowly appearing through the heat of the desert. "Alright, we'll go over the plan once again, then it's go time." Rouge said as the group turned to her. Rouge was standing in the middle of the room, with a hologram of the target location, a vast pyramid shape that doubled as an ammunition factory.

"There are key entrances surrounding the prison, with multiple doors requiring a technical link that we don't have access to at the moment, so the best idea is for us to sneak our way through the main air duct located at the top of the pyramid. From there, we'll split up to cover more ground, save as many people as we can, but also try and find Vector. I've gone and attached an EMP that will cancel out the alarms, preventing the Empire from knowing our plan. But it will only last for fifteen minutes before the backup generators kick back in and alert everyone. Beta Team, you search the North and Eastern parts of the prison. Darling, you and I will cover the South and Western parts." Rouge explained as Gadget listened while taking in the holographic map of the prison, trying to memorize the precise ways to take this.

The pilot soon made his way to the top of the pyramid, and the bay doors opened. "Good luck, y'all. Radio me when you're ready for extraction." The Pilot said as the group landed on the edge of the ventilation shaft, spewing noxious fumes into the air in a cloud of black smoke. Gadget covered his nose as Rouge attached a rope to an exposed pipe before testing it and giving an affirmative thumbs up. The group nodded as they slowly propelled themselves into the bowels of the factory. The same smell spilled from the vent at the top now surrounded the group, as the black smoke made it hard to see, but soon Gadget felt the metal floor beneath him as he let go of the rope, letting the others come down with him.

As he pulled out his pistol, he checked around the corner and gave the all clear. Rouge directed the Beta Team down the tunnel they were to take and pressed a button before motioning Gadget to follow her. The timer had started.

Slowly walking down the various halls, Gadget and Rouge observed the suspiciously empty cells, only the shadows filling them. "This is odd." Gadget whispered to Rouge, "Where is everyone?" "Probably dead right about now." A low, shrill voice cut through the silence, making Rouge and Gadget aim their guns at a cell a few meters ahead of the duo. The two slowly turned the corner to see a green hawk with orange prison attire and cufflinks around his hands and feet. "Now let me ask this..." The hawk said as he marched towards the bars holding him there, revealing his sky blue eyes, "Who are you two?"

Gadget lowered his pistol and once again clipped it to his belt before introducing himself and the bat right next to him, who was now fiddling with the gate. "Huh. Neat." The hawk said as he leaned up against the wall, arms crossed, "You're looking at the leader of the Babylon Rogues. Name's Jet; Jet the Hawk." Gadget blinked. "Seriously? Master of the Skies? Extreme Gear Extraordinar? Nothing?" Jet said as he appeared rather offended. Gadget nervously scratched the back of his head as the door creaking open caught his attention. "Either way, we could use your help, Jet." Rouge said as she stepped aside, letting the hawk out of his cage, "Do you know where we might find an individual named Vector?"

"Oh, him? I saw that he was taken down that hall a few hours prior. No one ever comes back, though, so don't expect me to be the hero an- EUGH!" Jet was stopped from walking away when Rouge grabbed one of his feathers and dragged him along. Turning the corner, the now trio looked to a locked door that had an egg pawn at the door, which quickly noticed the group. It began to charge up a blast of energy but was filled full of lead before it could fire. Gadget looked to the robot as Rouge walked by to begin fiddling with the keypad that was being blocked by the robot. "Did you happen to see anyone else here that stood out?" Gadget asked as he turned to Jet, who was looking over his shoulder before he turned back to him.

"My crew was previously here. But I believe they were moved to different locations because we work well together. At one point, there was some sort of prison escape attempt triggered, but I don't know by who. Apparently, most of the robots here had been destroyed by one person." Jet explained as he kept looking over his shoulder as he was talking, which got Gadget thinking. But the three of them were interrupted by the sound of radio static suddenly cutting through the silence before another voice made themselves known, "Capitan! Are you there? Capitan Rouge!" Rouge clicked a button on the side of her earpiece and responded as she kept working at the door, "What is it? What's going on?"

"We've found someone under high security! But all of us are under attack by the Empires weapon! We need backup befo-" The voice explained before a large explosion occurred and cut off the voice, replacing it with static. At the same time, Rouge managed to open the door, and alarms began to blare through the facility. The three quickly made their way in, knowing their time was up, and found Vector lying unconscious on a table, with several cuts on his arms and his tail. "Vector!" Rouge said as she fired her pistols at a couple of robots in the room, taking them out of commission as Gadget ran up to the table to remove the straps on Vectors arms and legs. The crocodile began to stir as he slowly opened his eyes while mumbling something no one could understand.

Once Gadget managed to undo the straps, he slowly lifted Vector onto his feet, who was holding his head and groaning. "Don't worry, we're here to get you out of here!" Gadget calmly said as he uncliped his pistol and tossed it to Jet, who fumbled to catch it, "Jet, I'm gonna need you to keep a watch out as we make our way to the vent we came in." Seeing the situation, Jet simply nodded as the group made its way out of the room and down towards where Gadget and Rouge had come in. "Ngh... Thanks for the save." Vector said through gritted teeth as the group moved. "We're not through the forest yet. We just gotta get to the extraction point and get outta here." Gadget said as they turned the corner and spotted the rope they propelled down in the first place.

"Alert! Security Breach in Northern Quadrant!" A robotic voice said through the speakers as the Rouge began to fly the injured Vector up the shaft. Gadget wondered what the alarm was for. It said north quadrant, so it could have been him and Rouge. The sergent of the beta team mentioned the Empires weapon was here, so they were, unfortunately, already gone. Did someone else break into the factory? Or did someone break out? These questions filled Gadget's head as he and Jet made their way up the shaft, soon making it to the top, where the moon shone through the dark clouds. Jet and Vector looked up at the sky like it was the first time they had seen it in years as Gadget pulled up the rope. Rouge called for the pilot to come pick the small group up, and soon after, they were flying away from the pyramid, with their goal completed, but some good people lost in the process. But Gadgets head was filled with questions as the others conversed, and a general sense of unease filled him that sent a chill shooting up the wolfs spine.