Assault on the Factory

It had been about a day since the events in which you'd met the mysterious hedgehog who'd protected you from the water being Miles had called Chaos, speaking of whom had finally picked up the fact that the hedgehog wasn't Sonic. The group, not including Delta, who'd gone out on a recon mission a few hours prior, were in the main laboratory as Miles continued to work away at the robot he'd called Omega. By then, you'd received the basic information of what had happened in this world and understood the place everyone was in. As the hedgehog, who was wrapped in a large cloak, Miles had given to him, given the fact he didn't have any shoes or gloves at the moment, sat right next to you, twiddling his thumbs as you looked again at the old poster Delta had given you when you first met him.

"Miles... if you seek to end this Empire you often mention, then why not join this resistance?" You asked the fox who set his tools down and wiped his sooty forehead with a towel, "I bet with skills like yours. They really could use your help." Miles took a sip of water from a water bottle he had nearby before replying, "The people running that thing didn't understand the bond I shared with... anyway, they've been doing things in a way that I don't seek to do it..."

You held a rather confused glance at the fox who kept working, getting multiple messages from him. All of which combined disoriented you to no end. You held your forehead as you felt a slight headache coming but were distracted from it when you felt a pair of arms wrap around your midsection. Looking at the hedgehog who was giving you a comforting hug made you squeel inside before returning it. "I see the two of you are getting along swimmingly." Delta's voice came as he entered the laboratory, with a flash drive dancing in between his fingers. "U-Uh... w-welcome back, Delta." You said as you turned your head away in embarrassment before pointing to the flash drive to distract yourself, "Wh-What's that you've got there?"

"It could be just the thing we need to finally gain a winning edge in this war." Delta said as he walked over to the computer in the laboratory and plugged in the flash drive. It showed a 2d map of the continent you'd learned was called Mobius, with the map zooming in onto a futuristic looking pyramid. Delta then started typing various things into the console as he spoke, "It seems the Empire had cracked down on security as I was only able to get a couple of things off of the main computer without triggering any sort of alarms." "What's that pyramid?" You asked as you stood up and walked to the hedgehog who soon replied, "That's the Arsenal Pyramid, an indomitable fortress that doubles as both a weapons factory and a prison. But the information I gathered describes how something of significant importance to the Empire was moved to this location about three days ago. So, if we're able to get in and possibly retrieve whatever this is, it could give us an edge against the Empire."

"But wouldn't something like that be under high security?" Miles asked as he walked up to the group, taking off his welding gear and placing it on a nearby table. "It would be... if said thing didn't take out most of the security 24 hours after arrival. The place has yet to receive additional support as most forces are focused on the front lines, but it's likely not going to remain like that for long. Which should give us just enough time to get in, get this item, and get back out before their backup arrives." Delta said as he began to issue out a plan of attack. "But... there's only four of us, and I'm no fighter. How are we going to break into this place?" You nervously said as Delta looked to you.

"That's where these two come in." Delta said as he got up and placed his hand on the hedgehogs shoulder and pointed to Omega, who still limply lay on the table. "I'm sorry... WHAT!?" You said in utter disbelief.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You continued to hold a concerned expression as the group of you, the hedgehog, Miles, Delta, and a now functional Omega, were in an Empire branded ship, on your way to the Arsenal Pyramid. "Okay. So remember the plan, Omega. You create a distraction at the front gate so Delta and the hedgehog can quickly make their way in, grab what we're here for, and get out. I don't want to have to repair you... again." Miles explained to the Droid for the third time. "AFIRMATIVE! Hold the line. Destroy all targets!" Omega stated as he loaded his hand mounted machine guns. You looked from the passenger seat of the ship to the hedgehog, who was simply doing a couple stretches as Delta drank some sort of drink with a logo you didn't recognize.

You and Miles would be landing a few miles outside of the base to wait for the three to complete the mission, but you were still worried for the hedgehog. "Don't worry, Rookie." Delta said as he caught your expression, "I'll keep him safe. That's a promise." Delta then extended his hand to shake on the promise, and slowly, you returned it, shuddering at how cold his hand was. "Alright. We're just coming up on the drop zone. You three get ready to..." Miles began as he opened the bay door, only for Omega to immediately jump out, guns ablazing, "Aaannd he left... ugh, I shouldn't be surprised. Go on, you two, we'll meet up with you and Omega when you're ready." Miles said as he facepalmed himself and returned to steering.

You looked to the hedgehog once again as he met your eyes and gave a passionate grin with a thumbs up, making you feel slightly more at ease. As the two of them then jumped out of the ship, Miles closed the bay door and flew a few miles out from the pyramid to avoid detection.

The two of you sat in agonizing silence for about three minutes, though to you, it felt like three hours. The entire time, your leg was constantly jumping up and down as you were extremely nervous for the group, unaware of the shock the group was going through at that very moment.