Chapter 11

Hey Lovelies,

If you missed Chapter 10-Part 2 (the cooking date), please find it in the previous chapter.

Enjoy the read.
______________________

Darren

She was crying …again.

Crying was healthy but in Keshi’s case, I strongly disagreed with that fact.

But her situation didn’t concern me, she’d made that clear several times. Besides, now that I knew my theory was wrong, I needed to rid myself of the worry and the urge to protect her. And with us leaving Watamu for the next three days, this afternoon was probably the last time I was going to see her. I was going to bring my focus back to the vacation, back to the films of previous plays I was watching before I could go to sleep.

I adjusted the volume, letting the voice of the commentator echo through my room and hoping it could shut out the distracting sound. Except my ears went ahead to find her voice, the male’s voice falling back like background noise.

Slapping the laptop shut, I crossed my hands to the back of my hand and eased onto the mattress. I listened to her sobs, counting the minutes to when they would come to an end.

More than fifteen minutes passed and there was no sign of her stopping. I couldn’t stay put any longer. She wasn’t going to cry her eyes out, not on my watch. I was out of my room and standing outside her door in no time.

The lights were off, I could barely make out her figure curled in the middle of her bed. “Keshi,” I knocked quietly.

She lifted her head and glanced in my direction then went back to burying her face in her legs like she didn’t see me standing there. I sighed in frustration and reached for the doorknob. I almost didn’t believe it when the door barged.

I wasn’t the only one surprised. Her head shot upright. “Go away!”

I didn’t, she wasn’t having her way today. Instead, I stepped inside and closed the door behind me.

“What is wrong with you?” She lashed out.

I ignored her and went ahead to find the switch. That wasn’t a difficult task, our rooms had a similar design.

“I told you to stay out of my business.” She was now standing beside the bed, attempting to dry her face.

“I don’t remember agreeing to that.”

The frown on her face grew. “Get your nosy ass out of my room.”

I shook my head. “I’m not going anywhere until I make sure you’re okay.”

She wiped the remainder of her tears. “I’m fine.” Gesturing to the door, she said. “You can go now.”

I stood there, studying her, deciding the best course of action. My presence had already made a difference. Her annoyance towards me had her forgetting her crying. But that was not enough to make me walk away. If today was our last meeting, I was going to make sure this little habit came to an end.

“Have you talked to him?”

Her brows curved inwards. “Were you the one who put that idea in Koki’s head? Before Saturday, she never wanted me to answer his call.”

“Yeah. It was me.”

“Then sorry to disappoint you. I’m not taking your advice.”

“Then you should make the calls stop. Otherwise, you are going to be affected every time he calls.”