Chapter 1

Prompt: tickling you from the back before actually hugging you

                            __________________________________________________

Carefully, Dracula stalked his prey.

He shifted along behind her, keeping quiet, misting and shapeshifting when needed to in order to avoid her wandering gaze. He was grateful for the distraction that the lobby guests brought her, approaching the front desk to be assisted with whatever matters were requested, whether it be a room key, a complaint of a clogged toilet, or the extension of a booking at the hotel. Drac was actually surprised at how well she was taking to life at the hotel and the work that there was. He supposed he shouldn't be too surprised though – his Ericka was an intelligent woman, and her customer service skills on The Legacy could easily be applied to the tasks required at Hotel Transylvania. But the vampire could marvel over his zing's abilities at another time. He had a different focus right now.

He kept his steps lighter and lighter the closer he got, a task that was becoming increasingly harder with the proximity to his beloved and the excitement it stirred within him. The woman herself was crouched over something at the desk – most likely the check in book or some other guest records – working diligently and not noting his presence. Drac grinned to himself. Good, he thought. Because now, this was the perfect opportunity to...

STRIKE!

In an instant his hands flashed out, the attack on her sides immediate and unforgiving. She yelped out in surprise at first before the sound morphed into peals of laughter, a wonderful, joyous noise that only fueled the vampire further in his pursuit. He couldn't help himself, not when it meant such happiness coming from his love. In the midst of the ticklish frenzy that had ensued, Ericka was finally able to gather herself enough to slap his hands away. "Drac!" she gasped, still giggling, "Cut it out!"

"Aw, come on, honeybat," he complained. "Are you sure?" He slyly traced a hand over her hip, eliciting another giggle from her.

"Yes!" she exclaimed.

Drac pretended to pout, but relented. "All right. How is this instead?" he asked. With the question, he moved his arms around her waist, hugging her from behind as he tucked his head in the crook of her neck, breathing in her sweet scent.

Ericka sighed, relaxing in his embrace. "Much better."