EP. 3

Hungry.

That was your first thought when you opened your eyes. Your next thought was to burn your eyes to check your phone.

10:23 am

You slept in, today was Saturday, the day your parents went shopping for groceries. They argue that it's less busy than Sundays and Mondays. You honestly couldn't care less. You reluctantly got up and ready for the day. Walking into the kitchen you saw a note from your parents, they went shopping early. Their reasoning? It's early on a Saturday morning, not a lot of people will go grocery shopping.

You hummed, not sure what to have for breakfast, maybe you could go to that cat café-

"CATS!" Entity appeared right away at the mention of cats.

You sighed, he'd done this in previous lives, appearing at any mention of cats. More so after he hung out with a (demon) co-worker of yours when you were a maid of sorts.

"Yeah, there's one not too far from here, they have good pastries," you grabbed your bag and slipped it on your shoulder. You walked out the door (and locked it) and began walking to the café with Entity hot on your heels.

As soon as you arrived Entity looked like he was in heaven.

"Heaven, to my knowledge, does not exist," he said as you opened the door for him.

"Oh, are you an atheist?"

"Oh, are you an atheist?" he mocked as he walked in.

You held up your hands in surrender, "want anything?"

He shook his head and went to sit down at a table as you walked up to the counter. You ended up ordering a strawberry and whipped cream-filled croissant with hot lavender milk. Sitting with Entity now he questioned you on what you ordered. He quirked a brow when you answered.

"Lavender milk?"

You nodded and smiled as your order was called or what you thought was your order. You went to go get it seeing the drink and went to grab it but another hand did. Your eyes shot up to the person. He was tall with purple hair and looked tired.

"Hey, I think you got the wrong order." He merely looked at you, "I ordered a lavender milk," you pointed to the drink in his hands.

He quirked a brow, "I did too," was all he said, and went to sit down. With a huff, you went to sit down too.

"Human? Why are you pouting? And where is your order?"

You scoffed, I don't pout.

"You do, and you are." You rolled your eyes and heard your order be called again. Walking up to the counter your eyes brightened at the sight of the pastry and milk. You felt a tap on your shoulder and sighed.

"Entity if you wanted-" you stopped as you heard him in your mind.

Not me human. I don't want anything.

You turned around pastry and milk in hand and saw the tired guy from earlier.

"Don't tell me you ordered two milks," you groaned, you were not giving this one up.

"No," he chuckled, "I wanted to apologize if I seemed rude earlier."

"Okay," you hummed, "thank you," with that said you went to sit back down.

You set down your pastry and mug. Entity was busy petting a few cats that flocked toward him.

"Human, who was that?"

You looked at Entity in disbelief. You're almost always intruding on my thoughts. All Entity did in return was shrug.

"Not everything is about you human," he pet a cat, "I was giving these babies the attention they deserve!"

You rolled your eyes and dug into your pastry. Entity glanced at you in disgust, you were a bit of a messy eater when eating these types of croissants. They just wouldn't stay together, like your life. You had whip topping and strawberry glaze all over your hands and plate, it fell out and they didn't give you a fork. You were too scared to ask for one and the tired guy distracted you.

"Wimp," he sighed and went up to the counter to get you napkins.

"Thanks," you looked past Entity's shoulder and saw purple dude looking at you amused. Shoot, he wasn't watching me eat right?

"He was," Entity smirked, "I felt his stare from behind us."

You flushed and wiped the cream and glaze off your hands and face. You looked up and the guy was still looking at you, when he noticed you saw him he had a lazy grin and tapped his cheek.

What?

Whipped cream on your cheek still Human.

You cleared your throat and wiped it off.

"So Entity, what was that about heaven not being real?" Entity rose a brow surprised at your question. You were never interested in religion before.

"It's not that it's not real, I just don't think it is."

"Aha! Atheist!" Entity shook his head at the accusation.

"Then enlighten me human, what are your beliefs?"

You eagerly explained your religion and beliefs to him, both of you haven't brought up religion even in other lives. He raised his eyebrows and leaned back in his chair.

"How interesting Human," he grabbed your milk and took a sip, you frowned at the action but didn't say anything. "Thank you for sharing that with me." He found it cute to see you open up and explain that to him, he already knew about that and he hoped you wouldn't figure that out.

I'm going back to my place.

Already? You frowned as he nodded and walked out the door.

You sighed and sipped your half full/half empty mug of now lukewarm milk. You waved goodbye to the purple guy as you stood up and walked out the door.

Time to go wait for exam results to come back I guess.

~~~

AN: Lavender milk is actually really good! I had it a bit ago, it also goes by moon milk according to google lol it helps with stress relief and anxiety yay anyways happy reading! and have a good day or night!