Volume 2

Reiko began walking to Cross Academy, which luckily wasn't too far from her small town, the cold breeze and the fact it was nighttime was the only issue. The clothes kept her warm indeed, but the breeze kept blinding her sight with the small flakes of snow landing in her hair instantly. As she got closer to the entrance, she let out a sigh of relief as she knocked on the gate, hoping someone would let her in. "Hello!? My name is Reiko Ishizu! I was supposed to attend here in a few days, but I have no where left to go! Please? Someone?!", she stated as she looked around for anyone. She began to lose hope for a second, when suddenly the gates began to open, which once again placed a good sense of relief for her.
As the gates opened, she spotted two figures walking towards her, one was wearing a trench coat with a light scarf and the other in a white uniform. She hesitantly began walking towards the figures, recognizing one of them as the Headmaster, Reiko took a deep breath as she was only a few meters from them. "Good Evening Miss Ishizu, didn't expect you to arrive tonight...wait...Did you walk all the way here!?", the headmaster exclaimed as he noticed her current state. "Here let me help with your belongings..." said the other young man, he took her bag in one hand and guided her arm around his as they entered the main building. She felt the warmth of the building and relaxed slightly, the man unhooked his arm to give her some space. "T-thank you Headmaster for your hospitality and thank you for helping me...", she stated as she looked at them. They nodded and smiled as they entered the Headmaster's office. "Take a seat young lady, you must be exhausted from the walk..", the headmaster said as he noticed her wounded hands.
"Is your father on the way here as well, he was supposed to arrive here with you, which has me concerned?", he questioned as he removed his gloves. "My father is dead...he was attacked by vampires...outnumbered and outmatched...", she stated as tears spilled once more. She recalled her assault on the vampires, which peaked both mens' curiosities. "My condolences for your father, he was very brave and will be pleased that you are in safe hands", the headmaster sympathized as he handed a handkerchief to her. "Oh my! I forgot to introduce this young master to you, his name is Kaname Kuran, he is a pure blood vampire and the head of the Night Class here!", he exclaimed nervously. She reached out her hand to shake his, he took her hand and gently place his lips on her hand, which made her pull her hand away. "I'm sorry Miss Ishizu, I never meant to frighten you, I'm nothing like the vampires that attacked you tonight", he stated reassuringly as he bowed apologetically . "As long as your fanged-friends can keep themselves together like you, then possibly I'll feel safer...", she stated as she kept her eyes away from his.
"Allow me to walk you to your dorm, Miss Ishizu," the headmaster said, Reiko grabbed her bags and swiftly left the office. She waited for the Headmaster to guide her, hesitant and curious of the living space. "There are two separate dorms on this campus, one side is the Day Class dormitory and the second is the Night Class dormitory..." the headmaster stated as they walked down the stone pathway to the Sun Dorm. "Basic rules of no sneaking out, no disruptions at night, and absolutely no sneaking to the night class dormitory...the students here aren't aware of the existence of the vampires being the night class so let's keep it that way for now," he whispered as they passed some rooms. "We can discuss your schedule in the morning and after that I would like to discuss with you about the Disciplinary Committee ...", he said as they stopped at one room. Headmaster Cross pulled a key from his pocket and said, " If you ever need anything you can find me or my daughter Yuki, she has an open heart and is willing to help in anyway". He smiled as Reiko unlocked the door and pushed the door open, spotting her simple bed, night stand with a candle light and her school uniform on the bed. "There is a shared restroom strictly separated by gender, but you are welcome to use the one for the Disciplinary Committee for privacy...I know it will take some time for you to adjust to everything, but I will do the best I can to put you at ease...have a goodnight, Reiko Ishizu", he stated as he started to shut her door. "Wait!", she stated as he reacted to her call. "Thank you for welcoming me and letting me stay here, as much as I don't follow your passions, I'll work around it to pay you back for your hospitality...", she said hesitantly. "Thank you, Reiko...you will do great things here...see you in the morning...", he said as he shut her door. She placed her belongings on her bed, placing her photos on the night stand, changing into her sleepwear. She tucked herself into her blanket, which was the last thing her father had bought for her. She slowly got comfortable and began to shut her eyes, only to see flashes of the events from earlier. She tossed and turned for about an hour, until she decided to concentrate on the small candlelight. The same flame slowly melting the candle and provided some light in darkened room she was in. She felt her eyes grow heavy and slowly drifted to sleep.
She opened her eyes to see only heavy snow and noticed her body was wounded as the crimson spread in the thick blanket of snow. She struggled to move as her body was weak from her freezing limbs, she spotted a silhouette of someone coming closer to her. As the silhouette came closer to her she saw it was a vampire as he had his fangs out, she saw her weapon was far from her reach as she tried to move once more. "No more running from your fate, no more hiding from me, no one can save you from the inevitable...", he said menacingly as he grabbed her by her hair tightly. She was frightened by his deep red eyes and his mouth and his hands covered in blood. She struggled to claw her hands from his grip, only to have him throw her like a rag doll against a cement wall. Her vision went blurry as she saw her blood spill on the snow below her, instantly a hand grabbed her face and lifted her off the ground. All she saw was the evil smile of the vampire as he trapped her against the wall, snapping her head against it...
"No!", she exclaimed as she jumped awake from the nightmare, her head pounding as she tried to slow her breaths. She pulled her legs close to her chest as she wrapped her blanket around herself. She shut her eyes and found some peaceful rest for the time being, before her first day of school. Not knowing what she saw, she thought of it as a simple nightmare, because what else could it be? Not like it could be what had awoken as soon as she entered the gates of the Academy or a foreseeable future if she isn't careful...but that will be something to discover later on...