Volume 3

**6am**
Reiko was awakened by the sound of the hallway, students getting ready for the school day. She sat up from her bed, began grabbing her essentials and uniform in hand. She exited her room and walked to the bathroom that the Headmaster spoke of, she spotted two figures in their bickering clearly. She knocked on the doorframe catching their attention. "Oh! I'm so sorry about that...you must be Reiko Ishizu, right!?", the girl asked her. Reiko nodded in response, the girl had short, brown hair and had part of the uniform on, the other student was tall, young man with silver hair and cold eyes. "My name is Yuki Cross, member of the Disciplinary Committee! I'm the daughter of the headmaster as well! Welcome to Cross Academy!", she said enthusiastically. Reiko smiled and waved at her, she looked the young man who gave no reaction to Yuki. "Zero!? You're supposed to introduce yourself to Reiko!? That's rude of you!", Yuki said smacking his arm in the process. Zero grunted in frustration, he sighed and turned to look at Reiko, who was nervous. "Good morning, Reiko...my name is Zero Kiryu", he said in a spiteful tone. "I'm also part of the Disciplinary Committee...", he finished as he stuck his hand out to Reiko. She took his hand and shook his hand lightly, she pulled away sensing he was clearly tensed up. "Thank you Yuki and Zero, I'm Reiko Ishizu, I arrived here last night, because of an incident and I had no where else to go...I just lost my father...", Reiko stated avoiding their eyes. Yuki looked saddened as Reiko explained the events, Zero was surprised that Reiko killed more than one vampire with such skill. Zero left the room to let Reiko get dressed with Yuki.
After a couple of minutes, they both came out of the bathroom fully dressed and hair fixed. Reiko slipped on her combat boots, opting out the basic school shoes. She took a glance at herself in the uniform, examining the details and fixing her rose cuffs on her sleeves. She took a deep breath as she walked towards Yuki and Zero, seeing other students in groups walking the halls together. "The headmaster wanted to speak to you, Reiko...", he stated, Yuki nodded as she
Yuki took Reiko to the Headmaster's office, she greeted her father with such pure energy, almost glowing like Heavenly Light was upon them. "Good morning Dad! Hope everything goes smoothly today!", Yuki said releasing her father from the hug. Reiko cleared her throat to gain their attention, the both went silent and separated. "My apologies Reiko...Your schedule is in the folder with a map of the campus and a syllabus of the rules, we have your supplies for your studies...", he stated as he placed the folder and her notebooks and pencils on the desk. "I also wanted to talk to you about the Disciplinary Committee, they are a small group of students they pretty much keep the students behaved and enforce the rules.", he said as he took a seat. "Since the Night Class are all vampires, they are visually the heartthrobs of the school and the girls try to climb over the wall to see them, instead of returning to their respective dorms, the committee keeps them away as the Night Class leaves and enters their classrooms...most importantly...they watch over the school grounds at night, just in case any of the Night Class attempt to pull a stunt and fool around, the Committee protects the Day Class students....", he explained. Reiko was conflicted, but she couldn't put her skills to rest if she was doing the right thing. "I will join the committee, only on certain grounds, I will not be as merciful if the Night Class tries to mess with me, I won't kill them unless they try to kill me or any student...", she stated. The Headmaster smiled as he opened his drawer, pulling a white sash with the school emblem on it. "I agree with those terms and I'm grateful for your decision to join the Disciplinary Committee", he said as passed the garment to Reiko. She grabbed her new belongings and placed her sash on her right arm, matching with Yuki and Zero.
She followed Yuki and Zero to class, staying silent as the other students noticed she was clearly new there.
As they entered a classroom, the instructor stopped them, pointing out the time. "Yuki and Zero! Late again!?", he stated as Yuki began to stammer nervously. Reiko raised her hand and began to speak, "They were with me, Sir...It's my first day and they helped me get my schedule...I'm not accustomed to an Academy like this...I'm sorry for making them late for instruction...". She bowed slightly towards the instructor, which changed his tune immediately. "First day...alright I'll let this slide this time, but don't make it a habit, Miss Ishizu...", he stated as he fixed his glasses. She nodded and followed Yuki to the empty seats, placing her journals and writing utensils on the desk.
After several study lectures, it was time for a break before the final lecture of the day, Yuki showed Reiko the hallways and the classrooms. Reiko admired the scenery from the windows, seeing both gates to the Sun Dorm and the Moon Dorm. As they headed near the front of the building, they spotted a girl trying to sneak out of her class. "Hey! Don't you even think of sneaking off already!", Yuki shouted, blowing her whistle, stopping the girl in her tracks. Yuki ran to her and soon the instructor from that girl's escorted her back to her classroom. Reiko was a visual learner, she immediately spotted another student sneaking off. "Excuse me! Shouldn't you be in class?!", she exclaimed as she sped to the male student. "Who are you to speak?! Why are YOU out and about?!", he retorted. Reiko grew frustrated as he bumped her shoulder with his. "I'm Reiko Ishizu, new member of the Disciplinary Committee and I will not have you skip class just to spy on the Night Class!", she argued as blocked the student's path. He scoffed in annoyance and he tried to shove her away, ending up face down on the ground. She had dodged his obvious shove and tripped him with ease. She saw Yuki heading towards her,"Good job, Reiko!", she said with joy as they picked up the student by his arms.
**After the last lecture**
"Alright students, you are dismissed", the teacher said as the bell rung, the students stood up with their belongings. Yuki was asleep the whole lecture, Reiko nudged her awake, which made Yuki jump and trek out as she realized she missed the lecture completely. "Reiko, can you let me borrow your notes tonight, I didn't mean to miss the whole class", she asked as they walked out of the building. Zero yanked Yuki's school bag away from her, catching her off guard. "HEY! At least give a warning!", she said as she smacked his arm. Zero offered to take Reiko's bag, she timidly handed it to him saying, "Thank you Zero, I appreciate the kind gesture...". He nodded as he held both bags on his left arm, his own bag on his right shoulder. Most of the Day students headed to the dorms as their classes ended.
The Sun was waning as most of the students ran to the Moon Dorm, in anticipation of the Night Class. The three zoomed to the front to gain the attention of the screaming girls. "Day Class is prohibited from this area, please return to your dorms!", Yuki shouted as she pushed some girls back. Reiko blocked some girls from the entrance, one of the students struck Reiko in the face, which took her by surprise. She felt the left side of her face heat up as she collapsed on the ground as the girls almost trampled her. The gates opened as Zero pushed the girls back, Reiko was disoriented from the situation, her vision was blurry as she struggled to stand up. She felt someone gently help her up, she looked up and saw it was one of the Night Class students. "Oh my! Are you okay?", the blonde male asked as he noticed the girls grew jealous. "You have to be careful ladies, don't hurt each other just to see us, okay?", he stated as Reiko was sickened by his tone, remembering that he was a Vampire. She backed away as she regained her composure. "Thank you for your concern...", she stated as she dusted her self off. The student winked at the other girls and they swooned in sync, while Reiko cringed in disgust.
The night class walked together towards the main building for their own lectures, Yuki hurriedly ran to Reiko, checking on her. Zero caught the girl who struck Reiko, who held no remorse clearly, taking her to the Headmaster. "I'm fine, no cuts or scrapes, thankfully...", she reassured Yuki, they walked back to the Sun Dorm. "But that girl hit you, you have a light bruise on your cheek, let's get it looked at, okay?", Yuki said as she looked worriedly. Reiko sighed as she couldn't argue the situation.
**Later at the Sun Dorm**
Yuki joined Reiko in her room to basically discuss the importance of the "Guardians of Cross Academy". "Basically we also watch over the campus at night, in case any of the students try to mess around, more importantly watching for any Night Class students trying to pull something...", she explained as she stretched a bit. Reiko knew the capabilities of rabid Level E vampires, but these vampires aren't anything like them, Aristocratic vampires can have one of many strange abilities that make them more of a threat. A Pure-Blood Vampire is highest rank of the Vampires. They are the reason Level E vampires exist and have more than one ability, Reiko almost was scared of the thought of such vampires that can truly kill them all in one night. But she brushed the thought away as she opened a mini-chest, that revealed her Chain-Sickle. "This is what I used to kill the vampires that killed my dad and another innocent man...", she said as she let Yuki examine her weapon.
"Wow, so are pretty skilled then, you are truly braver than I am..", she said as she looked down. Reiko turned to face Yuki, getting her attention by patting her shoulder. "Yuki, I've only been here for one day, but there is more to you than meets the eye...", she stated. She continued, "I'm not great with people and I'm usually gonna be on the offense with these students, but I'm learning quickly because of you so don't doubt your potential, okay?". Yuki smiled and hugged Reiko, who was clearly struck from the embrace, remained in a stiffened pose. Yuki gasped as she realized she made Reiko uncomfortable, she pulled away and smiled. They talked for a bit longer for about an hour, Yuki saw it was time for their shift as the Disciplinary Committee, she gathered her things and fixed her uniform. Reiko fixed her uniform as well, she grabbed her foldable satchel and placed her chain sickle inside. She wrapped the chain neatly, tucking it in the side pocket of the bag. "Ready to go?", Yuki asked as she stepped out the room, Reiko nodded as she followed Yuki out the hallway. She took a glimpse outside the window and saw the moonlight glistening across the lake, both campus buildings glowed somewhat respectfully.