PROLOGUE

"Find my son!" Queen Oxen snapped at a small Icewing, they looked about the height of a dragonet but they were dressed up in armor for an adult. "Ma'am... we don't know what he looks like," the small dragon mumbled under their breath as 2 other guards rushed over. "If you come back to my castle without my son then you are all going to be executed! Now go!" Queen Oxen spoke with a threatening echo, once she finished speaking the 3 guards rushed out of the castle and flew off. "Oh, Windchill, you look startled," her tone softened as the Princess walked over to her. "Why do you care about my brother? I already work as an heir..."
"Oh dear, you don't understand. I had an entire second tower constructed for him and I truly care for all my dragonets."
"But is it worth it? If you will kill 3 dragons over one then that seems cruel!"
"You don't understand! You don't understand! Leave me be, Windchill."
"Yes, mother," she squeaked and rushed off to her tower, her own sad thoughts filled her head and all she wanted to do was fly away. As she entered her room tears flowed from her eyes. Windchill sat at her desk and stared down at her accepted application for Jade Mountain Academy and thought, This is the perfect way to get out of this endless castle...