CHAPTER THREE || THE LIBRARY OF POINTLESS INFORMATION

As I walked I could hear my talons tapping on the freezing stone floor, 3 plus 5 is 8... 3 plus 5 is 8, I kept thinking to myself over and over. I repeated it 10 times before I finally ended up in the library. I stopped in the entryway and glanced around, surprisingly there was no strong smell of the paper the scrolls were made out of. Two brown Rainwings were reading the same scroll and giggling. A little brown dragonet was sitting in a small nook napping peacefully. I looked over at the librarian, he seemed to be sleeping while his daughter organized scrolls but I wasn't interested in this. I went to a shelf with a label on it that said "tribe cultures," and I dug through until I found the one for Mudwings. I trotted to a small nook and opened the scroll and began to read... despite being half Mudwing I knew nothing about their ways of living and such. The pages had detailed drawings of the old Mudwing Queen. I wonder how better my life would be if I was royal, I thought.

My eyes shifted down the page as I read about royal customs. Mudwing royals never got physical crowns and instead got gemstones embedded onto their faces, sounds painful! The name "Cattail," was one of the most popular names for Mudwings before the war. I wondered about what my name would be if I wasn't hatched in the Icewing Queendom, Splash? Rhino? Squash? I like Permafrost better than those... I kept moving my eyes down the page until it ended, this scroll was empty! I laid my head down on the rock and let my mind wander to that Dragonbite Viper wounded dragon and Weasel. He was so annoying but it was like he was just strolling around in my mind while talking about something stupid like how he deserves magical powers or something stupid!

I got out of my reading nook and put the scroll back, maybe this place isn't as good as I thought. Suddenly The librarian's daughter bumped into me, causing me to stumble a bit. "Ah! So so sorry! I didn't see you there!"
"It's alright."
"When did you get in here? I'm Joybringer by the way."
"I just came in to read about Mudwings, I don't know anything about them."
"Me either! Nobody seems to write about them ever, never ever!"
"I see why, we have gross fat bodies and look like weird Skywing-Sandwing hybrids..."
"I don't think Mudwings look ugly, they are pretty unique compared to a lot of the other tribes," I nodded in response and looked down at the ground anxiously. Joybringer had pure white talons and green legs, she started putting scrolls onto the shelves once more and I noticed she had a silver teardrop scale that shimmered brightly as she worked. I turned and started walking out of the library, it was becoming night quickly and I was exhausted already from all this pointless exploration.

I walked slowly back to my sleeping cave, I saw that creepy Dragonbite Viper Nightwing again with another dragon who looked like a dragonfly but massive! His scales were a deep shade of amber and his belly was the deepest black of the ocean. As I walked past them the Nightwing covered his face somewhat with his wings. I tried to keep my eyes in front of myself as I walked until they were out of sight, I tried to fill my mind with the sound of my talons clacking against the floor once more until I reached my sleeping cave. As I walked in, I heard Prophecymaker and an unknown dragon laughing, "Gleeborb!? What mother names her newly hatched dragonet that?!" The unknown dragon responded to Prophecymaker with a loud puff of air out of their nose. "Prophecymaker? Who is up there with you?" I slightly shouted up to them as a pink Sandwing poked its head out from the hammock. "I'm with her, you cactus head!"
"Well, who are you?"
"I am the legendary Drought, future King of the Sandwings!" I huffed at this response and flopped down into my cold bed. "Three moons, what's his problem?" I heard Drought say loudly... he seemed to want a fight but I was too exhausted to care. Prophecymaker stayed quiet and started laughing at another poor dragonet's name. "Seawater, that has to be the most basic Seawing name other than just Water," she and Drought laughed loudly all night until I fell asleep.