#7 - Diversity

1. The United States is known as a "melting pot" of cultures and nationalities, and its foreign-born population has been growing steadily for decades. As of 2019, there were over 44 million immigrants living in the United States, representing nearly 14% of the country's total population. These immigrants come from all over the world and bring with them a rich diversity of languages, customs, and traditions.

2. The world is home to over 7,000 languages, according to Ethnologue, a database of world languages. Mandarin Chinese is the most widely spoken language in the world, with over 1.1 billion speakers, followed by Spanish, English, Arabic, and Hindi. However, many of these languages are endangered, with only a few thousand speakers left, and some are in danger of disappearing altogether.

3. Toronto, Canada is often cited as the world's most diverse city, with over 200 ethnic groups and more than 140 languages spoken. This diversity is the result of a long history of immigration, with people coming to Toronto from all over the world for centuries. Today, the city is known for its vibrant multicultural neighborhoods, where residents from different backgrounds live, work, and play together.