5

It has been a month since our first visit to the swamp together. We've been going every Sunday to fix it up. We were getting ready for bed after a long day of repairing the roof's support beams. Misty got on her pajamas then flopped onto the bed face down. I put the towels we used after our bath in the hamper then got my underwear and one of her pajama shirts on. I straddled her hips then started kneading her shoulders. Her back relaxed and she let out a short hum of approval.

"We got a lot finished today, huh?"

She nodded. "Can't we just stay for one more day? We don't even have to start painting the outside. I just wanna spend more time with you before everything gets crazy."

I sighed and her shoulders immediately slumped in defeat.

"I really wish I could. After the first three weeks of the new girls being at the house I can start coming here on the weekends again."

"I know. I just like havin' you all to myself. I don't wanna be stuck in a room with the new-"

"Misty, you aren't sharing a room with any of them."

Her back tensed a little and I moved her hair off her neck to place a soft kiss there. She relaxed again.

"What do you mean? I can't let you give me special treatment and overrun the other rooms. Madison already hates sharin' with Zoe. She'll kill you."

"I have been working myself up to ask you this all day... do you want to move into my room? Or I could move into yours. It doesn't really matter to me. I just thought that we're in each other's beds all the time now and it would give us more time together. As long as you're comfortable with it, of course."

She flipped over and craned her neck up to kiss me.

"Yes, Delia. And I'm goin' to your room. You have an en suite. I'm not sharin' a bathroom with all of them."

I kissed her. She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me down so I was laying next to her.

"C'mere."

She started peppering kisses all over my face and I giggled.

"I love you."

My eyes widened and she was blushing. She loves me. She loves me! SHE LOVES ME!

"I love you too, Misty. So, so much."

She laid down and I got cozy in her arms.

"Good night, Delia. I love you."

I could feel my heart going a million miles a minute. I smiled.

"Good night, Mist. I love you."

She kissed my shoulder then shifted to turn off the lamp. I closed my eyes once her arm draped back over my waist.

**********

We finished packing up our overnight bags then started the walk back to my car.

"So... do I just move all my stuff in? I don't want to take over your space."

I shook my head. "Mist, you are not 'taking over' anything. My room looks so... sterile. Well, our room. I threw everything out after you know who left and never got around to making it nice since I was spending so much time in yours. This is going to be fun! We can decorate together."

She smiled.

"I can't wait. When we get home I'm gonna start cleaning out my room while you get everything situated."

We got to the car and I drove us home.

****

It was after lunchtime and I had already finished up making the arrangements with the moving company for Wednesday. Queenie is going to move into Zoe and Madison's room and we are taking in six new girls. Their ages range from sixteen through nineteen. Everyone has agreed to be mentors and we will all be teaching different magic lessons throughout the week. I'll be teaching the high school education material four days out of the five instructional ones because that's what I got my degree in. Of course Fiona was nowhere to be found. After Hank was out for good, she left again. She wasn't much help while she was here, anyway. She was moodier than usual and would only come back home to sleep. I barely talked to her the entire five weeks she was here. I don't know why the council lets her stick around. She causes nothing but misery and chaos wherever she goes. I'm not even sure I have her number anymore.