3

It has been six days since Hank got arrested. Misty was cuddling with me in my bed. She has been helping pack all his stuff and everything related to him. I just got back from taking to my lawyer about the divorce.

"What'd she say?" she asked.

"She said that he would sign the papers. His father bailed him out right before I had gotten to the meeting. I didn't even know his father was still alive! If he was hiding that from me who knows what else he could have been keeping from me. I'm so glad we signed a prenup."

She pushed some of my hair behind my ear.

"Fuck him."

I nodded. "Fuck him."

I snuggled up to her more. She pressed a kiss into my hair and I fell asleep in her arms as she rubbed my back.

**************

When I woke up I heard rain pounding against my window. I got up and fixed my hair before I went down to the kitchen for a late lunch. Misty was heating up some soup on the stove. Zoe was sitting at the island on her phone.

"Hello," I said.

She looked up. "Hey. I'm hiding in here because Madison is being a royal pain."

Misty nodded. "She's mad she can't find her Chanel bag. She has two others but she just has to wear this one today." She rolled her eyes. "Anyway, do you want some of this soup?" she asked as she turned off the stove.

I nodded then stood back so she could get two bowls.

"Do ya want sweet tea or water?" she asked as she put the bowls on the table.

"Water please."

I got two spoons then sat down and she got two cups and poured our drinks. She sat down next to me and handed me mine.

"Thank you."

We started eating.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

I nodded.

"All he has to do is come pick his stuff up and I will only have to see him one more time for the divorce shit and in a month for the court date."

"Cor-dy!" Madison called out in a sing song tone as she entered the kitchen with Queenie.

"Yes?"

"It's grocery day. Is the list done?"

I nodded. "It's on the fridge."

"Great. After the sack of shit picks up his stuff can I have the keys to the car?"

"Only if you go to the grocery store and only the grocery store."

Madison rolled her eyes. "We'll only stay at the mall for an hour and maybe hit up a few other shops. Please?"

I sighed. "Fine. You need to be back an hour before dinner though."

She gave me a salute and the other girls giggled. The moment was cut short when the door bell rang.

"The stuff is in the living room still?" Misty asked.

I nodded and she got up.

"Stay here."

Zoe went with her and I sat in silence with Madison and Queenie. I heard the front door open and him greeting them. They gave him his stuff and I heard him put it on the porch. It was quiet for a minute and then I heard his car start. I saw his friend Marty helping him get his stuff into his truck. The girls closed the door and I relaxed my shoulders.