Chapter 7: Beginning of Vengence

"...And then, with one more shot, thunk! I shot an arrow straight through that wizard's skull, and that's the last breath he took." Miyori chuckled. "Come to think of it, he wasn't all that powerful anyway."

Miyori had met Strahd in the guest room, just as he asked. They had been laying in the large bed, drinking and talking about whatever came to mind. Strahd would never admit it aloud, but she was fun company, even after a few drinks.

"My, in just two shots you were able to take the life of a wizard?" Strahd raised his eyebrows, impressed. "It's as if you had a natural talent for archery."

He had himself propped up on his elbow as he laid on his side. Miyori lie right next to him, on her back, one of her hands behind her head. They were close. It was comforting.

"What else happened on your first adventure, hm?" He asked. "Surely you must have slain more with that talent of yours."

She thought for a moment, tapping a finger against her lip. "Mm... not much else. I'm pretty sure we helped someone escape a cave, and someone in the group accidentally killed a poor repair man, but after we did what we needed, we drifted apart. After that, I ended up in the kingdom where I eventually met... who I thought were my friends."

"Oh please, Miyori, enough about them." Strahd tilted her head to look at him. "They mean nothing now."

She sat up. "I can't help but be mad though. It's like no matter what I do, I always end up getting abandoned." She huffed and buried her face in her hands. "It's always 'I don't want you around anymore,' or 'you're too dangerous' or 'you're a demon? That's unlucky!' Or quite literally explosives to the face-"

She suddenly felt herself being enveloped in warmth. Strahd had sat up right behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "Miyori, please. It pains me to see you so upset."

"I know," she sighed and leaned back against him. "It's just happened to me so much, and this time was the worst. It's one thing to be asked to leave, but explosives?! That just isn't fair! It's like... I'm cursed or something!"

"That would make two of us then." He sighed.

"Yeah... I'm still angry though." She huffed "Like, if I could... if I had the chance to see Fitz and Maeve again, I'd... I'd show them what for!"

"You would seek revenge against your former friends?" Strahd chuckled. "How interesting. I've seen a countless amount of adventures who have all tried to destroy me, but you are so different from them, satyr."

"Suppose you've never met a demonic satyr with vampirism and an abandonment curse, hm?" She let out a sad chuckle. "Goodness, even my existence sounds like a mouthful."

"I cannot say that I have met anyone similar. That I can agree with." He smiled to himself. "But an abandonment curse? I doubt that. It hasn't crossed my mind once to get rid of you. I see no reason to."

She turned to look at him, her lip quivering and tears welling up in her eyes.

He sighed and dramatically fell back onto the bed. "Oh, please! No crying! I cannot bear to see your sadness!"

"I'm not sad! It's just..." she smiled and wiped away her tears. "That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me."

Usually he would take advantage of the fact that someone may have not been treated well all their life by manipulating them, but no. Not her.

But oh... how sweet it was to see her smile.

"Come. Lay with me again. Perhaps I shall tell you more nice things." He said, beckoning her over to him.