11.

For the hundredth time, Shradha checked the clock on her nightstand, and finally when she saw it was four AM and she still hadn’t managed to fall asleep, she sat up

For the hundredth time, Shradha checked the clock on her nightstand, and finally when she saw it was four AM and she still hadn’t managed to fall asleep, she sat up. Rubbing her face, she sighed and got up.

For the past week, Aditya did not come to their room. He rather avoided her at all costs. The only time they saw each other were at the table down for breakfast with the family.All her attempts at talking with her husband had failed, one after another, so she had stopped after attempt number four.

The more questions she asked, the more she tried to talk to him, he got annoyed or he walked away from her. Resting her head against the headboard of the bed, she closed her eyes, her mind travelling to the day they got married.

The bedroom door handle turned, and she nearly jumps out of her skin. The door creaks open, and she see him.

He’s here.

Aditya stood in the doorframe looking at her. He seemed taller, and the longer he stared at her, the more intense those piercing charcoal eyes seem against his olive skin. Shradha's breath hitched in her throat and her heart raced.

Terrified, Shradha pushed to her feet from the floor she was sitting and crying a while ago, as he walked in and closed the door behind him.

She found herself wanting to look away, but at the same time his striking appearance commanded her attention and rivetted her gaze to him, making it difficult for her to focus. She would have  found this easier if he weren’t so ridiculously gorgeous.

He was the kind of man who you would naturally stare at.

Paralyzed under the weight of his stare, and the anticipation of what he’s going to do made her want to run. Run far away and never look back.

But she held herself. This man was now her husband. The only one who can protect her. Even her father had betrayed her. He was the only hope she had. And she was prepared to give him whatever he commanded of her tonight.

He got closer but stopped a few paces away, still towering over her. The scent of his aftershave filled her nose and she gritted her teeth.

He was about six foot three while she barely five foot four. He felt like a giant next to her.

"This isn't right." Shradha rasped, her voice weak and weary, foreign to her ears. She no longer sounded like the strong woman who she thought she was all along. She was no longer the same after her father's betrayal.

“What?” The corners of his lips turned up into a smooth smile, revealing perfect white teeth.
Of course, his smile was also beautiful and disarming. Maybe that’s what he used to intimidate people.

“You can’t do this. You can’t have me,” Shradha answered, trying to steady her heart so it doesn’t leap out of her chest.

“The piece of paper we signed earlier says different."