17.

The physical damage to the port was minimal

The physical damage to the port was minimal. The loss of life, on the other hand, was extensive. Eight of his men were dead. Aditya was in the middle of damage control with Mehras when the second bombshell of the day dropped.

  They’d hit his home as well. Five more men were dead, and his mother and Mrinal injured with his wife gone. The security systems had been sabotaged, just like they had at the port. All he could say for certain was that there was no blood to insinuate she’d been hurt, and they hadn’t been able to track her but his mother was a witness to what happened. She was taken unconscious and stuffed inside a car.

Karthik Mehra's car.

Just as his men had said, her trail stopped abruptly just feet from the door. Aditya glared up at the worthless security camera above the back lot, annoyed that it had so easily been rendered useless by whatever hack the attackers had deployed on the closed-circuit system. Unfortunately, the attack had all the hallmarks of an inside job. It was concerning, to say the least.

He was furious. His wife, she was in danger.

His phone buzzed with a familiar name popping up. Mehra!

"Nice house you got there. And a beautiful woman." The bastard chuckled through the line and Aditya clenched his jaw tight.

"I swear to god if you even lay a finger on her–" but before he could finish, another dark chuckle was heard.

"Too bad Aditya. Right now my fingers are on her slender legs. Advani gave birth to a fucking seductress."

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF HER!" Aditya raged through the line, his phone screen cracking at the harsh way he held.

"My, my, did you hear that little one?" Karthik said through the phone, and Aditya heard the muffled sounds of his wife through the line. "She's an innocent little thing. She even begged me to let her go. Tsk tsk."

"Put out the price. What do you want?" Aditya said, impatient, not liking the idea of his wife spending anymore time in the presence of a man like Karthik Mehra.

"Your bastard of a brother's head delivered on a silver platter in exchange for your whore."

Aditya shivered, not in fear, but out of intense anger that shook off his body. He bit down his own tongue, drawing blood. Arjun's life for Shradha's dignity. Two of the  most important people in his life and he was asked to make a choice.

"Listen here you filth, I'm coming there and I'm getting my wife back. And if I see a single drop of tear on her eyes, you won't make it to see tomorrow's sunrise." With that he threw the phone onto the floor, not caring if he hung up or not.

"Arjun!" He screamed, running his hands through his freshly trimmed hair. God he was afraid if he would be able to show this to his wife!

He scanned the room for the face he was looking for. His men stood in linez waiting for his orders. "Where the fuck is Arjun?!"