12.

A/n : please do comment and vote. I will really appreciate comments about what you want next and what you think. thank you.

Shradha was actually enjoying unwrapping the package Aditya had instructed to be delivered to her

Shradha was actually enjoying unwrapping the package Aditya had instructed to be delivered to her. Inside it was a dark green velvet saree and a blouse of lighter shade of green that's border was embroidered. Another box contained a jewelry set to match.

Unknowingly a smile made its way to her lips. Maybe this was his way of making things right. Maybe they were going out for a fancy private date, one with Italian food which she always loved. She often babbled about random things about herself post sex, and everytime it was either about Italian food or her love for gardening. It was obviously her signals for him to get a hint about the things she loved but he never really did anything about it. . . until now.

She felt like a school girl, as heat rushed to her cheeks.

She had scenarios piling up inside her head while she dressed for the evening. About how she would first apologise for hiding something so important in their lives from him. About doing such a sinful act such as killing their unborn. About everything that happened. And she would say that she was ready to have his child. They could start over again.

Now that she thought about it, her husband was nothing like his cousin Karan. He never cheated, never took pleasure from other women. Like he said, he came home to her everyday. And she had seen how he treated his nephew and neice. He adored them.

Maybe he could be a good father and her, a good mother. They could be parents, a small happy family like she always wanted.

Like promised, the driver was there to pick her up at six. While passing the hallway, her mother-in-law stopped to admire the beautiful saree. It was the finest one Shradha has ever worn. She knew that it must cost a fortune. Did Aditya pick it up himself?

"Good evening, where are we going?" She asked offering the man who drove a smile. But he didn't reply and focused ahead on the road. Aditya's men always greeted her whenever they were in her presence but they never ever glanced at her more than once. She knew that it was his orders to them, to never look at his wife more than required.

Shradha found herself in front of a tall building, one that looked so bright. People were gushing in, all dressed so fancily. It didn't take long for her to understand what this was. She was at a formal event, something she always went together with Aditya.

All the excitement she had dropped. There was nothing special about this. It was purely business, where men talked whatever they wanted, and their wives and daughters gossiped. She hated such events, but these places had cameras and eyes, and this was also the place she had to act all happy being in love with her husband.

"Mr.Kapoor will meet you inside, Madame." The driver said as he opened the door for her. Taking hold of her clutch, she stepped out of the car, the wind immediately making her hairs stand up.

As soon as she entered, she was swept into a small group of women, wives of businessmen and mobsters. Shradha wondered which category she belonged to. Aditya was both.

Her eyes searched for Aditya as she often entered into the conversation the women were having. Apparently they were talking about a new yoga studio that opened and how they should all sign up for it.

Shradha was extremely grateful when the group dispersed for a bathroom break and she could catch her breath away from them. It's in that moment, as she accepted a glass of champagne from a passing waiter, that she found herself at the mercy of a deep stare from across the room.

There he was. Staring right into her soul from across the room and if looks could kill, she would already be six feet under. He was furious and Shradha debated if she should walk over to him and stay by his side the entire night but from his looks, she decided against it.

She suddenly realised how stupid she was. Foolish girl thinking everything could be reversed in a second.

More appetizers were passed, and a waiter stepped right in front of her, breaking off her stare. She shook her head, declining the small tart he offered.

Soon everyone was asked to sit down for dinner. She found her name attached to a seat.

Mrs.Kapoor.

She found herself staring at that more than required but then, slowly pulled the chair and sat down. It did not take long for the table to fill up and suddenly the familiar cologne hits her nostrils. The chair to her left was pulled back and she stuffed in a breath, not daring to look up and meet his gaze. She wasn't that brave tonight.

"Smile." The familiar voice whispered up close.

She suddenly raised her head and uttered, "huh?" But then she saw the camera that was taking photos. Shradha had mastered the art of fake smiling long ago. She was often forced to attend events like this with her father where he showed her off like a trophy and she was always forced to smile at strangers. This felt familiar.

Suddenly tears prick her eyes at the thought. What was she doing with her life?

Dinner was miserable. The food was great but it felt tasteless against her buds. She couldn't enjoy it, as stupid thoughts engulfed her mind. They went so wild to the point that she questioned her purpose of life or if she should just end it once and for all.

But even death scared her.

Soon after the dessert was served, people went back to their business talks while Shradha excused herself from the group of ladies and went to the balcony. The fresh air soothed her but by the corner of her eyes, she caught two shadows lurking around the empty hallway. She wasn't a nosy person, but something had her feet moving.

Infront of her was Aditya with his back turned to her and a woman, past her fifities, but looking so elegant that she almost thought she was an actress. As she moved closer, the shadow that covered the lady's face fell and Shradha's eyes widened in shock and terror.

It took everything inside her not to scream, to not make a scene.

Gathering up the pieces of her shattered heart, she ran through the hallways, wanting to forget what she just saw. No, that was not real.

She kept saying that to herself while she bumped into various people on her way out. Her driver, the man who kept a watch on her was still there at the steps, waiting for her. But she paid no heed to him and she rushed to get inside the car. The last thing she wanted was the cameras catching her crying.

"Drive." She ordered in a barely audible tone to the man and he spoke nothing else. She clutched her chest tightly hoping the pain would go away. Why did it hurt so much?

She closed her eyes, wanting to unsee what she saw a few minutes ago but the images just seemed to haunt her. More tears ran down her cheeks.

That was not real. She was just hallucinating. That woman was not real. No way was that woman real.
Because her mother had passed away five years ago.