Chapter 6: Recovery

--(Muichiro POV)--

    Everything hurts. My memory is fuzzy, I don't even remember what exactly happened. . . . My side hurts, and I'm tired. It was around morning, but Genya was asleep, with a lot of kids sleeping around us.

    Teiko and Hiroshi I remembered. . . I think it was Sumi, Shuya and. . . K- something. Kota? Kuto- No. . . Koto! The little one. My side began to ache, ugh. I reached my hand over and grabbed it, grabbing it and pinching it slightly. That numbed it slightly.

     I looked around, the sun only now rising. I was bored, and hurting. I couldn't move though, I had a small Koto snuggling into my stomach. I was very warm though, it was actually very nice. I prefer being warm to being cold.

    We were all sorta of randomly laying around in Genya's and mine bed. Teiko took my side, where I normally sleep, Hiroshi right next to her. Genya was in his normal sleeping spot, he was sitting against the front of the bed though. Sumi leaning on his shoulder and drooling. Shuya was stretched out at the end of the bed like a madman, snoring slightly. Koto was right next to me, still snuggled into my stomach. I fit perfectly between Genya's legs, my head resting on his stomach.

     Luckily Koto didn't touch my side that much, the pressure of him being there actually helped a little bit. It still hurts though. If I have to lay here much longer with this aching pain, I think I'd go insane. I could hear my own heart beat, and I had the worst headache.

      I shifted, trying to lay on my back. Someone didn't like that though, Koto shifted too, grabbing my side and squeezing it tightly. CRAP CRAP CRAP! OW- I tried not to scream in pain, but even so I gasped a little bit. I buried my face into Genya's sleeping wear, not even caring that he woke up alarmed. I began to cry a little bit, it hurt so much.

       Genya realized, I think and quickly picked up small Koto, who was very reluctant, grabbing on my clothing as he slept. He had an upset face, but went to snuggle with Sumi instead. Why does he have such a strong grip- he was asleep to-

       I let out a small sigh, and went back to clutch my side. Why does it have to hurt so much- I noticed bigger hands help and put a little bit of pressure, it numbed it. At this point I just let the tears fall. Someone picked me up, assuming Genya, and brought me to the bathroom.

     He sat me on the rim of the bath/shower, letting go of my wound. I grabbed it, squeezing it almost. I felt light headed. Oh, Genya's hands were coated in blood, I looked down and blood soaked my side. That's why I felt so lightheaded- That explained some things. . . .

     Genya looked worried, and quickly washed his hands. Grabbing a hair tie, and tying back my hair into a high ponytail. He took off my bloody shirt, and put it in the bath/shower behind me. I had bandages on. . . ? They were soaked with blood, but when did that happen. . . ?

     He started to unwrap and I winced, he paused to look at me, but I was way more focused on the wall. Trying to ignore the pain. He took them completely off, my blood already soaked the marble floor. He went into one of the cabinets under the sink and pulled out bandages. He was going to wrap it but,

     "We need to clean the wound, I don't want it getting infected." He said, whispering. I froze. Just imagining the pain made me feel queasy. Oh gosh I hope he doesn't use the disinfectant stuff- that stings- On a big wound like this?!?? I realized I was holding my breath, and took a big breath. Almost choking on air, I coughed a little bit. Genya looked around and frowned.

     "Once we get back in bed, I'll go get you water and food alright?" He whispered, he started to section out another piece of bandage. Why was it a pink color. . . ? I couldn't even nod, I could barely blink with this migraine I had. I could barely open my mouth to breath-

     Genya grabbed one of my bloody hands, and whispered,

     "Sorry-" He quickly put the pink bandages over the majority of the wound, I screamed. It stung, burned, hurt, any word for pain could describe this. I squeezed his hand, I tried to reach for it to get it to stop. He grabbed both my hands and kept them away, he was too strong, and I could barely even fight back.

     Eventually the stinging stopped, but I felt terrible, my whole body was numb and I felt like I was going to puke- He wrapped it with another layer of bandages, I was about to black out. I couldn't see my vision was so blurry. . . .

      I closed my eyes and just listened to my heart beat, which was pounding into my skull. There was a knock at the door that did not help with the migrain.

    "Brother? Are you alright?" A girl asked.

    "Yes Sumi! Everything's fine!" Genya shouted, and I couldn't help but yelp in pain. I tried to cover my ears, but my arms didn't work. I could only make fists with my hands. He whipped around and covered my ears. He continued talking but it was inaudible, I could feel darkness taking over. I wanted to sleep.

     It helped, when he covered my ears. My heart beat was still annoying, but it has gotten calmer. . . . A minute or two passed and Genya removed his hands from my ears and I was met with the silent bathroom. It helped, definitely.

     "You good?" He whispered. I weakly nodded, he reached his hands out for me and I took them. He helped me stand. When we stood, he hugged me and I accepted it. I felt weak and pathetic. I began to cry again, it hurt, my side was aching again.

     I felt my legs collapse, and Genya caught me, he was holding me now. He opened the bathroom door and walked into the bedroom. Where did all of his siblings go. . . ? He laid me down on the bed, and tucked me in. It was comfy. . . . I'm glad he was here to help me. . . .

     "I'm going to go get some water, and medicine for your migraine alright?" He whispered, then shortly left. How did he know it was a migraine. . . . It was probably obvious. . . . I was left alone to think, my head hurt. I felt queasy again,

    I wonder what my brother is doing. . . . That thought didn't get far as Genya came back with water and medicine. He helped me sit up, despite the little protests I made. He made me swallow the bitter medicine, then let me sit with the water. I took little sips of it.

     "Ah right, do you perhaps want me to reply to your brother? It's been a day-ish." He whispered, looking at me. I weakly nodded, taking small sips of the water. It felt so good when it hit my dry throat, it just made it hard to breathe. I could feel my eyelids growing heavy.

      I managed somehow to put the empty glass on the stand next to the bed. I fell down and met the pillow with a plop. I couldn't keep my eyelids open anymore, I was already passing out. In my last moment of being consciousness, I heard Genya whisper,

      "I love you Muichiro, get lots of rest. . . ." He whispered, his voice fading out at the end, he kissed my forehead.

    I fell back asleep, letting my mind slip into the void. . . .

~ (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠) ~

Words: 1363

I don't know if you can tell or not, but I'm making the chapter length depending on when they sleep.

Also I need some ideas for the main plot. I have a villain idea, but I want a few more chapters of them getting used to the kingdom and characters- but let me know your thoughts!