Chapter 19: The Tides have Turned

Warnings! - Swearing, A lot of Swearing, Blood, War, Explosions, Death, Decapitation 

--(Muichiro POV)--

I dodged an attack, sliding beneath the enemies blade and countering them with my own. An explosion went off near my right, I had to step over some other people's dead bodies. He swung his sword at me, and I countered it again, pushing him down into the soil. In one quick stab of my sword, he was dead.

My arm ached, I had never been this focused. I had a few minor injuries, but nothing that would stop me from continuing to fight. I'll fight for those who can't, I'll fight for Genya, and my family. I'll fight for Genya's family too. I'll fight for my kingdom!

I had to act quick, there was no time to breathe on the battlefield. I ran around, calling out orders to injured Mist Kingdom soldiers, and we were winning. Barely.

I helped a cornered soldier, defending him from the wing Kingdom soldiers. They began to swing at me recklessly, they were agitated, angry. That much was obvious.

"Prince Muichiro of the Mist Kingdom!" One of them yelled, he charged at me, and I just reflected back at his attack. They knew who I was and they were angry.

"How dare your people kill our royal family, we will avenge them!" One shouted, he seemed to be very mad at me. Why would they think I killed the royal family of the Wind Kingdom?

I did hear from Obanai that the kingdom was lied too...

"I did not kill the royal family, your kingdom is being lied too!" I charged forward, aiming my sword at his neck, he blocked it.

"Lies!" He called out, I kicked down his attack and used my word to kill him. Is their kingdom really believing the lies? I suppose it was their king who said... That's annoying, they're fighting on pure anger.

Then again, I would do the same if my family was killed... Now is not the time to think about what if's. We have a fight to win. The other people who were fighting with this solider must have fled to fight other people on the battlefield.

I ran off again, running through soldiers fighting, I helped the people of my kingdom. Taking down the enemy. I hate this, I hate the death and suffering. But it's a matter of kill, or be killed. There is no mercy on the battle field. Not this battle field...

We can't afford to give up now.

--(Genya POV)--

My father swung at Sanemi, his sword inches away from his head. Sanemi ducked, and kicked at my father. The two were in the middle of battle. Giyu rushed in with his spear, but had to be careful not to hurt Sanemi. Giyu and Sanemi fought well together, and they had each other's backs.

Kyogo was still over powering them some how, I couldn't keep up with their speed or sword swings. I didn't want to slow down my brother or Giyu.

Two guards from the outside palace walls came in. They seemed confused, watching their king fight with his own sons. The sons who were supposed to be dead. Unfortunately, their loyalty sided with my father. They rushed forward to defend their king, they would only slow down my brother and Giyu.

This is where I needed to fight. I stopped them before they could interrupt the bigger fight, I swung my sword at one man. His partner came at me, but I dodged. I led the pair out of the room, into one of the secondary hallways that overlooked the courtyard.

We exchanged blows, I struck their stomach while they hit my shoulder. They had to step back, holding their injury. Their partner tried to defend them, and I stepped back to block their hits. He was mad, and then he used his force to try and land a final blow.

He acted clumsily, I could easily block it, I grabbed his arm and spun him around. He dodged my sword, but I pushed him closer to a window overlooking the courtyard. With one swing, he fell down and into the courtyard. The fall shouldn't kill him, I hope.

The other guard, a girl, came over to look out the window, she raised her sword at me. She couldn't fight anymore, not with that stomach injury. I couldn't kill her, I didn't want to keep fighting her, these were my people.

"Don't fight anymore, I promise when this is over, your family will not be punished for siding with my father, or betraying the king." I whispered, I couldn't be the cruel killer my father was. Her grip on her sword faltered, and she lowered her sword. She looked back out the window at her partner who was thankfully still alive.

"Thank you Crown Prince... He told us you were dead, is everyone else still...?" She whispered, dropping her sword.

"I'm afraid my eldest brother and I are the only ones..." I whispered, she looked down and nodded.

"Please win, I will be rooting for you prince... I have a feeling the mist kingdom is not the one to blame here..." She whispered, kneeling down into a bow, while also tending to the cut on her stomach.

I nodded, and I turned around, I needed to help my brother and Giyu with my father. He was the real threat. I began running back down the hallway, before I got to the throne room, I heard her shout.

"Spread the word, the eldest princes are still alive! The mist kingdom is not to blame!" She yelled to her partner, who began to run to other groups of soldiers. If that news could reach the battle field in time... Maybe there wouldn't have to be that much death and loss.

I barged back into the throne room, only Giyu was there. He was on the ground, bleeding from his back. He noticed my presence.

"Genya, they went north, towards the back gardens." Giyu told me, I hoped Sanemi was ok. I ran over to Giyu.

"Your back-" I shouted, he stopped me.

"It's not deep, go help your brother. Please." He whispered, looking me straight in the eyes. I hesitated but nodded, Giyu was strong he'd be fine. I stood up, dropping some spare bandages for him just in case. Sanemi would forever hate me if I let his lover die.

I ran off again, ignoring the pain in my shoulder. The gardens... I changed my course and ran through the big sets of doors out into the east side of the garden. I heard swords collide in the distance.

"Hurry you nincompoop!" Ginko scolded me, flying suddenly beside me. Where did she even come from!? She wasn't here the whole time- or was she? Was she just flying above it all? Ginko flapped her wings and flew high again, she was watching the whole time.

I turned the corner of the palace, and I saw Sanemi take a swing at my father. They were both bloody, but no limbs were lost. And out of anything it seemed like my brother was wining against my father.

Sanemi was standing above him, Kyogo kneeling on one knee.

"You wouldn't dare kill your own father, would you? After everything I did for you boys..." He laughed, his tone sinister, his eyes turned to look at me as I approached them.

"You're right... I wouldn't kill you. I'd torture you until you begged me for mercy." Sanemi seethed, he stepped forward. I looked at them both.

With one quick sword swing, my fathers head fell to the ground.

~ (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠) ~

Words: 1262

My apologies, this was supposed to be out yesterday! But I got busy- please forgive me-