Chapter 16: The sound of War.

--(Shinobu's POV)--

Where are they? Mitsuri and Obanai should be here any moment. I really hope they didn't get caught. . . .

Tengen went ahead with Gyomei, it's just me at the moment. I hope they show up soon, I'm beginning to think this is a bad idea. I hope they survived. . . .

I was about to turn around, maybe they won't see us and know to go to the Mist kingdom. Until I heard a distant,

"SHINOBU-SAN! WE NEED YOUR HELP!" A voice called out. It sounded like Mitsuri! I turned around being met by two horses galloping around me.

Mitsuri hoped off one of them hugging me, she was crying.

"Mitsuri, Obanai, what's wrong?" I asked, having a worried smile on my face. Obanai got off of his horse, grabbing their reins and leading them to the side. On the back of his horse were too boys. I instantly recognized them.

"Senjuro!" I let out a surprised little gasp, covering my mouth with my hand. The other one was Muichiro, he seemed hurt. I don't get it I thought he was snuck away earlier with our princes as well. . . .

Which would mean. . . . That's his twin. I forget what his name is though. . . but he's still bleeding and he still needs help. Mitsuri stopped hugging me and helped Obanai lay the twin on the grass. He didn't even flinch, that wasn't good.

"How long has he been bleeding?" I asked, still keeping my forced calm smile.

"I- I don't knoww!" Mitsuri said, clinging onto Obanai's side and crying. Senjuro came up to me, checking on the twin.

"For a long while now. . . . I don't really know how long though I just know that's it been a long while." Senjuro mumbled quietly. He seemed stiff, as if he was remembering something. He must have been with the twin when he was injured.

"His name is Yuichiro, he's Muichiro's twin. . . ." Senjuro added after a minute. I crouched by the two and checked Yuichiro's pulse. He was alive, barely. If he kept bleeding for much longer he would bleed out. It's a miracle he hasn't already.

"Mitsuri, do you have a first aid kit with you? Tengen and Gyomei ran off with everything." I said, holding out my hand and waiting for her to give me one, she must have one with her. Mitsuri nodded, quickly leaving her husbands side and going to the lighter horse. Looking through her bags and finally pulling out a first aid kit. Placing it in my hand.

Yuichiro was bandaged but it was poorly done, I think the bleeding had stopped. I unwrapped the bandages carefully. I was no surgeon but I was luckily skilled enough to do first aid, or stitch if needed.

He would definitely need stitches, I think I can manage doing that here. The bleeding had stopped enough. He's already unconscious so it will be easier to stitch him up. I'll have to keep note of his pulse because it's a bad thing he's unconscious due to blood loss.

I noticed the wounds, a long cut on his side and it looked like a stab wound around his stomach. I really hope it didn't puncture anything vital. His stomach was easier to stitch than his side, but after a minute or two I got it done. He's still breathing and his pulse is stable. For now, we need to get him to a proper hospital, or I need to find proper supplies.

"I'm done, but we need to move if we want him to survive." I said, standing up. Mitsuri and Obanai gently set the boy on the back of one of the horses. I think it was Mitsuri's horse.

"This caramel, that's pumpkin." She whispered, I think she noticed me staring at the horses. I nodded and smiled at them. Senjuro and Obanai got on Pumpkin. Mitsuri stood by caramel, making sure Yuichiro was safely on.

"Obanai, I think you should take Senjuro on ahead. I want to go slow, make sure Yuichiro's going to be alright." I smiled, he nodded. Pumpkin trotted forward, Senjuro glanced back at us. Those two slowly disappeared into the distance.

"Here I'll stand next to him if you guide Caramel." I offered, switching places with her. She nodded, stepping in front and guiding the horse. We walked slowly, we didn't want Caramel to trot and mess up his stitches. He was breathing calmly, his face looked relaxed. A thought came across my mind.

"Mitsuri, have you told Obanai yet?" I smiled,staring ahead at her. She looked back at me a little surprised, but she shook her head.

"No- I'm kinda nervous I don't want him divorcing me or anything...." She whispered, looking down at her feet.

"Oh Mitsuri, why would he divorce you over that? You know you both have always wanted a child." I hummed, she smiled and kept walking forward.

"Yeah your right, but I'm just so nervous!" She laughed.

"You have every right to be, but I think you should tell him soon. Your what...? Six, seven weeks now?" I asked.

"Mhm, seven weeks." She hummed, I remember when she first told me about this. She had pulled me aside, away from everyone. She seemed so happy and so scared at the same time.

"I think you'll be great parents." I said, she turned around and smiled at me.

"Really?" She hummed, and I nodded.

"Oh yeah! I've been kind of wondering about it! Do you think she'll have mine or Obanai's eyes?" She chirped, fiddling with her hands.

"'She'll'? Don't you think it's way to early to be able to tell?" I asked, smiling at her. She looked back at me and gave me a huge grin.

"It's just a feeling." She raised one of her fingers and covered her mouth. I smiled and shook my head, we kept walking in silence for a little while. We kept going towards the Mist Kingdom. I do hope the let us in.... I mean they should, they should protect the prince anyway. I looked back at Yuichiro. He was still breathing.

I looked back forward, the castle was in view. So was the massive town around it. That's strange theirs a lot of soldiers. Probably... preparing for war.... I didn't want to think about that.

War.

War is going to happen very soon.

~ (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠) ~

Words: 1094

Sorry this took so long 🙃 I think it's Shinobu's fault I don't like writing about her smile- Ehm anyways, thanks for being understanding, love you all <3