Chapter 12 - Dumbledore's Funeral

Dumbledore's funeral would be both simple yet lavish at the same time. Quite a few students had been picked up and brought back home to their families. However even more families had decided to find rooms in Hogsmeade to attend the funeral. Blaise had expected an owl from his uncle telling him to come home. But he was surprised to find his uncle greeting him on the school grounds the day before. He too had managed to obtain a room at the Three Broomsticks.

"Uncle, what are you doing here? Where is Magdalena?"

"She's home with Kamil. I think it's wise to attend this. Do you want to join me?"

"Of course, but I thought we would go to Italy immediately..." Vincenzo Zabini shook his head and lowered his voice.

"No, and I implore you not to speak of it. We don't know who's listening. I have to give you something."

And then he withdrew a pristine letter from his pocket, and Blaise recognised it as a letter from his mother.

"Is she alright?" He asked as he took the letter.

"Yes, but she's explained all in there. I didn't trust the owl post system to deliver it to you safely. You can read it later, I however need to unpack and have a meeting with an acquaintance..."

Blaise's attention was swiftly taken away when he saw Luna cross the school grounds with her father. She was talking animatedly to him and Blaise could see the tall man, with the same wild white blond hair, was listening to her every word. Anyone could see there was a strong bond between them. He watched her disappear from view, a skip in her step, as always, and his mind was instantly brought back to their kiss in the forest.

How she had felt against, how she had tasted and how soft her lips had felt. Desire to do it again hummed through him. In the forest he had left it with just the one kiss. He could tell it had surprised her, though certainly not unwanted. She had responded eagerly which was threatening to explode his ego. But they had been through enough that night. And so he had held her hand tightly as they made their way back to the castle. And then they had separated and every day since, everything had kept them that way. He had realised quite quickly that the one kiss had made him addicted to her. He wanted her with him, wanted her every second and knew he could kiss her nonstop for days. But he couldn't. Not yet. And he would make sure he would, what ever the cost.

The fact that neither Nott or Parkinson had asked about her had been some sort of miracle. There was no way he would be able to keep this connection to himself. His heart and mind were in constant war with each other between having her in his arms or protecting her from the Death Eaters that would certainly exploit this weakness.

"Blaise?"

With a start he looked up and saw his uncle staring at him with a look of equal amusement and concern.

"Did someone catch your eye?" Vincenzo tried to look innocent but failed miserably.

"No... what makes you saw that?"

"I am quite certain you could have performed a non verbal summoning spell and brought her back here easily with that look alone."

Blaise felt his cheeks burn, once again thanking his dark complexion to hide the intensity. But the grin on the older man's face told him he wasn't hiding a thing.

"So, who is she?"

"Didn't you have some things to unpack?"

"Ha! Fair enough, I won't pry... for now!"

And with that his uncle trekked back to Hogsmeade while Blaise found a quiet spot in the Common Room to read his mother's letter.

My darling son,