𝗘𝗽𝗶𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

  "Love is slippin' and fallin', love is killin' your darlin', when the pain heals, this fearless trembling comes again, I can't hear what you say, I'm happy with this pain, you who pity me are more pitiful in my eyes

  "Love is slippin' and fallin', love is killin' your darlin', when the pain heals, this fearless trembling comes again, I can't hear what you say, I'm happy with this pain, you who pity me are more pitiful in my eyes."

— Lovesick Girls, Blackpink.

        In the attic of the Slat, a shadow could be seen in the window, a silhouette of a girl sat on the windowsill, her head resting against the window

In the attic of the Slat, a shadow could be seen in the window, a silhouette of a girl sat on the windowsill, her head resting against the window. Her legs were curled into her and she looked through the open window, watching all the birds flutter around the streets of Ketterdam. One Crow fell from the rest, landing on the roof beside the open window, tapping its beak against the material to try and scavenge for food. A small smile tugged her lips upwards as she made a slight tsk sound, clicking her fingers to attract it's attention.

At first the Crow hesitated, staring curiously at the young girl, tilting its head as if it was trying to remember. Slowly, it stepped closer, until it was right next to the girl, it's large eyes staring up at her expectantly. It remembered her. Amused at the situation, the girl reached next to her, grabbing some bird food from the drawers that were right next to her. Her hands reached out to hand it to the Crow, it's beak dipping down into her palm to eat the food she'd just given it.

Across the room, someone sat at his desk, flickering through the various letters that laid piled high. He'd been momentarily distracted by the sunlight shining down on her, the way she managed to attract every ray that came down. It hit her but nowhere else, perfectly illuminating her features and creating the illusion that she was an ethereal being. To him she was, this wasn't just an illusion. Anytime he saw her he swore he was unworthy of so much as breathing the same air as her; she had an aura that made him feel in awe every time, falling further and further into her trap.

Watching her laugh and carefully drag her chipped nails down the back of the Crow, an odd action that he wasn't even surprised she was doing. Not many people would be so pitiful for a starving Crow, many believing they were attached to death, bringing bad luck on anyone who saw them. Not her, she would feed any bird that came by, always having a spare pack of bird food resting next to her. No matter the situation, she would always find time to make sure none of them were suffering, they were living beings, they deserved to be looked after.

"You're staring." Trixie commented, raising a brow at the boy as the Crow moved to rub its head against her hand.

"Am I?" Kaz asked rhetorically as she let out a soft laugh, rolling her eyes as she looked back out the window.

"Oh, by the way, if someone arrives later, asking for me, act like I died." Trixie quickly told him, her eyes averted.

"What did you do now?" Kaz questioned with a soft sigh, his gloveless hands reaching out to grab another letter.

"Nothing, why must you always think I did something." Trixie snapped her eyes over to meet his as he sent her an unamused look. "Fair enough." She shrugged, looking down at the Crow that had laid down in her lap. "I might have poisoned one of the stadwatch guards."

"You did what?" Kaz's eyes remained on hers, unsure whether to be amused or annoyed with her.

"He was the one in the wrong!" Trixie defended, refusing to look up from the Crow in her lap. "He refused to let Sasha into the performance because she hadn't paid, when she had."

Kaz remained silent, rolling his eyes and going back to what he'd been doing prior while the girl giggled to herself, tickling the Crow that rest beside her. It was the same thing daily, that very Crow would come by, she'd feed it, mess around with it while Kaz worked, sometimes flickering his eyes towards her, finding himself lost in her actions. It reached the point where he just opted for keeping the Crow inside the Slat whenever it wanted to, letting the girl tie a pink ribbon around its neck one day.

Anytime it flew into the Crow Club, the regulars knew it was going to seek out her, already knowing it's destination. None of them became surprised when they saw her in a booth with Kaz, the boy reaching out his scarred hand to stroke its beak carefully, with tentative care they'd never seen him express before. She watched him with sparkles in her eyes, wishing she could stay here forever, with him, in this booth, away from everyone and everything.

Maybe they would stay in that booth, in their own little bubble, sneaking glances at one another like they were still teenagers in denial (love). Carefully waiting for the other to say something first or fighting for an excuse to speak to one another.

 Carefully waiting for the other to say something first or fighting for an excuse to speak to one another

Words~884.
{edited:no}

Note: lol I finished it, this epilogue sucks but now I can continue writing Disturbia, yayyy. Trixie will make an appearance occasionally, arguing with Kaz, you know the basics but it will be heavily centred on Celeste.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗚𝗶𝗿𝗹𝘀 ➶︎ 𝗞𝗮𝘇 𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗸𝗸𝗲𝗿 [𝟭] 🎉