𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲

     "I know that you're wrong for me, gonna wish we never met on the day I leave, I brought you down to your knees, 'cause they say misery loves company, it's not your fault I can't be what you need

"I know that you're wrong for me, gonna wish we never met on the day I leave, I brought you down to your knees, 'cause they say misery loves company, it's not your fault I can't be what you need."

Angels like you, Miley Cyrus.

     At Trixie's sixteenth birthday, her mother hosted a huge party and invited various family friends

At Trixie's sixteenth birthday, her mother hosted a huge party and invited various family friends. Before they all had arrived, happiness bloomed in the air as she excitedly ran towards her mother, wrapping the woman into a hug as their laughter echoed off the walls. Slowly, Elara reached out and moved her daughter's hair out of the way as she wrapped a necklace around her neck, clasping it shut as she smiled, looking into the mirror with her hands on her daughter's shoulders.

Trixie's hands went to the charm, looking at the small ballet dancer figure that had been paired with a teacup. Quiet laughter left her lips as she relaxed in her mother's hold, believing she was truly at her happiest. Elara excused herself to continue with preparations while the girl smiled down at the necklace. It was small and meaningful but she loved it all the same.

Skipping happily to her bedroom, she got ready for her party, her mother would murder her if she didn't start early. The dress she had chosen was a floor length white that she'd fallen in love with at first glance. Gemstones trialed down the neckline, ending near her waist where a charm of jewels formed a belt to wrap to her curves. On the sleeves, an intricate design that trailed into the sharp white lace that sat against her skin.

Blonde locks had pink flowers woven into them, forming a headband on the top of her head while two strands on either side of her face had been plaited, tied together with a pink ribbon. As for the rest of her hair, it was curled and rested against her back, hopefully remaining intact for the rest of the night. Her hair was stressful as she never knew what to do with it but she knew it needed to stay out of her face, so she didn't really care how it looked as long as it did so.

Checking her outfit over quickly in the mirror, she headed downstairs where guests had already begun to arrive. Introductions and birthday wishes were shared and the girl felt her cheeks hurting from the amount of smiling she'd done. It was a magical evening and as the night fell she found herself excusing herself to wander outside, needing some fresh air for a few moments. She loved having the attention on her and she basked in the glory she felt, but sometimes she needed a break, especially from her mother's incessant complaints about her latest practice. Various talented ballet dancers were at her party and she was getting sick of being compared to them, she was her own person, why couldn't her mother see that?

Trixie's legs moved over to the bush where various roses sat and she smiled ever so slightly, her fingers going out to run along its petals. A frown suddenly made its way to her face as she found herself immersed in her thoughts, wondering why when she was surrounded by all those people did she feel so lonely. The sound of clicking cut her out of her self pity and she was thankful to have the distraction, even if it was him.

"I thought you meant to be happy on your birthday." A voice called out to her and she turned around, noticing Kaz stood in the shadows, blending into the darkness.

"Hilarious." Trixie commented dryly, turning her attention back to the bush she'd been ripping the flowers off. "You should really stop breaking into my house, you know, I might need to call security."

"How could I break in when there's a celebration occurring, besides, the door was wide open." Kaz shrugged, walking towards the girl as he stood by her side.

"A celebration that I don't recall you being invited to." Trixie reminded him, a brow raised as she turned her body to fully face him. "And just because a doors open, it doesn't give you an invitation to waltz in."

"Wow, you're hurting my feelings, Trix." Kaz spoke in a deadpanned tone and she chuckled, shaking her head as her hands grazed the flowers again.

"I refuse to believe you have feelings, Brekker." Trixie shot back, basking in the feelings of the cool air against her face.

"You'd be surprised." Kaz had mumbled, his voice barely coherent but she heard him, creating a short silence between them.

      "Stolen anything this time?" Trixie's voice was a lot more softer as she finally turned to face him again.

      "Not this time." Kaz responded and she slowly nodded, looking down at her shoes as she felt a million thoughts creep into her mind, none she believed could vocalise out of fear. "Trix."

      "Mhm?"

     "Happy birthday." Kaz told her and she turned to face him, shocked to be met with an empty space.

     In the place he'd been stood there was a small pink box with a small matching pink bow on top. A small smile tugged at her lips as she picked it up, slowly unravelling the bow she pulled open the box, gasping at the sight before her. In the box there was a pair of earrings, pink gemstones melded into them. Beside it laid a note with nothing but a crow and a smile beside it. Confusion racked her body as she tried to work out Kaz and his complicated attitude.

     "Trixie?" Elara's voice rang out through the garden and she turned around, her hair blowing as she did so. "What you doing out here, nana wants to speak to you about your next show."

     "Coming."

Words~1014

Words~1014.
{edited:no}

Note: sorry for the short chapter, I'll do a double update today, I just didn't think adding a scene from the current timeline wouldn't make sense in this chapter so I'll just leave it as it is.